Pond Qestion and advice

/ Pond Qestion and advice #21  
Bob,

I'm not a fisherman, one of the things that I did when researching my pond was read as much as I could. Lake Fork is a very famous bass lake here in Texas. They have all sorts of records and it regularly produces bass over ten pounds. From what I read, one of the big reasons for this is that the water level goes up and down. When it's down, the plant growth takes over, then when it rised, the water covers the plants and allows the fry to hide from preditors. This creates more food for everything in the food chain, all the way up to the bass. I know there are other reasons for the fantastic bass fishing on Lake Fork, but that's just one of them.

Eddie

/ Pond Qestion and advice
Wow!, thanks Eddie - That is great news and like I say if you stand at the edge of the lake you can see the submerged grass about a 3' foot band the goes around the whole perimeter of the lake and it looks fine under water like that. I can see where that provides cover for all the little fish and that is where the Big Bass lurk. The biggest bass I have caught in our lake was 8 and a half pounds...Even though our lake is back on the property and not visible to any road...I know there are folks that have from time to time trespassed ..and unless you sit by the lake 24/7 they get away with it ..so no telling what has been caught, that is one of the downsides to having a lake..

Bob

/ Pond Qestion and advice #23  
How wonderful to have a pond. Have any of you guys used bentonite to seal a pond?