Mowing Poor cut with MMM

/ Poor cut with MMM #31  
Had the same problem with my 2920. Left streaks that looked like middle balde was bent or loose. Scalped quite a bit turning. I checked and the linkage was off almost an inch side to side. Corrected that but still no good, quality cut. Called dealer and told him I was ready to go back to my Poulan garden tractor for mowing - he advised bringing in to check/adjust mower. Turns out, they pulled the MMM from a 2320 to install on my machine so I could get it quicker. The kid who installed it just hung it on the tractor without checking or adjusting anything. When I picked it up, they had mowed part of their lawn with it and left me a few strips to try before taking it home. What a difference! Mows great, much better than what I was accustomed to. My advice would be to make sure that all linkages are in spec, then make sure tire pressure is right. I ran into this with previous equipment, if the tires are over inflated, it can cause the grass to smash down harder and not allow the mower to stand it back up in time to get cut to the correct length.

/ Poor cut with MMM #32  
Hi all-

Pretty much same general problem, different tractor/mower combo.

I have a B2630 with a 72" deck (RC72-30b). I mow dry, throttle wide open, and in low range - thin areas full speed in low range (the 2630 has 3 ranges), thick areas a little slower. My previous tractor (BX2230 with RCK60 mower) could run highest speed in the lower of 2 ranges and never leave blade long (it actually worked pretty well - but poorly enough to notice - when I stupidly put the blades on upside down, but I digress).

Back to my current problem, The RH blade seems to leave some rather noticeable streaking. The deck is new (earlier this summer), the blade looks just like the others - not even rock nicks yet, I have lubed it, it was adjusted and installed by the dealer (and checked by me). I thought it was the tire crushing the grass, but the problem doesn't happen on the left side - just the right.

The only thing I can recall as a possible difference between this and my older rig is that the older one had high-lift blades. Does anybody make a high-lift blade for the RC72-30B?

Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

/ Poor cut with MMM #33  
Here is my 60" MMM on my b24...yea, crappy cut

/ Poor cut with MMM #35  
Just put a 60" under my BX25 and the cut is amazing. Ran it at 2800 rpms in high and it has an amazing cut. Money well spent.
:thumbsup:

/ Poor cut with MMM #36  
Just put a 60" under my BX25 and the cut is amazing. Ran it at 2800 rpms in high and it has an amazing cut. Money well spent.
:thumbsup:

I have a 60" under a BX2200, and I thought it did well for what it was...but I now use a JD rider instead (to limit some of the soil compression perhaps) and it does better, but only for what IT is.

A front deck mower of narrow width ought to do the best cut since it is not actively compressing the grass before the cut. I used to have such a mower, and it did do the best job of any rider I have had. It was a 1972 Hesston rider, and articulated in the middle to steer.

Last edited: