Poor dealer prep

/ Poor dealer prep #1  

buck12

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota 5460HSTC
Take this post for what it is, a bit of a rant. My new Kubota Grand L 5460 cab tractor was delivered last week. I first looked at the tractor in June and decided to purchase about three weeks ago. The buying process with the dealer was good and I felt I got a very fair price. I added several options and a rotary cutter to the tractor.

The only special request I made was to have the FEL third function hoses routed so they didn’t hang under the tractor. I knew from other members on TBN this could be done. When I went early last week to sign the paperwork I noticed the hoses were hanging under the tractor and the salesman said the mechanic said the hoses were too short to route any other way. I decided to let it go. I also asked about manuals and if the gear box on the RC was filled with grease. I was told the manuals were in the tractor and the RC was ready to go.

After the tractor was delivered I realized there were manuals for the FEL and RC but no tractor manuals. The tractor is at our remote property so while there this weekend I double checked to make sure I didn’t overlook the manual. I also did a once over of the tractor and discovered the dipstick on the RC gearbox would not touch the grease. I called the dealer this morning and he couldn’t locate the manual but he said he would order a manual and email me a PDF of the manual so I have something to use until the hard copy arrives. The PDF is for a noncabbed tractor.

I don’t put a lot of stock into dealers whether car, tractor, etc but I do expect decent service. I prefer to use dealer service departments only when absolutely necessary. My daily truck is 10 years old and has never been to the dealer, my farm/hunting truck is 26 years old and has been to the dealer once, my Mahindra tractor is 11 years old and has never been to the dealer. I do my own service and basic repairs and prefer to use independent mechanics when a repair is beyond my skills as I can deal directly with the person doing the work and not a 都ervice manager? By the way I was able to reroute the third function hoses and wiring (which was also hanging under the tractor). Thanks for reading my rant.

Last edited:
   / Poor dealer prep #2  
Some times you get a good dealer or a good mechanic. Other times not. I think that people are getting so used to substandard service that it will continue as “normal”. The occasional person expecting decent service is just to easy for them to ignore and probably has little influence on their year end profit. Sad state of affairs.

/ Poor dealer prep #3  
Next post - consider using paragraphs.

/ Poor dealer prep #5  
Bummer. My dealer was exceptional on setting up my L4060. The owner of the dealership is always there and expects the machines to leave to the new owners in perfect condition.

When they delivered my tractor, the truck driver washed some water spots off the glass and the hood and checked all the fluids. He had a checklist that he asked me to sign.
Take this post for what it is, a bit of a rant. My new Kubota Grand L 5460 cab tractor was delivered last week. I first looked at the tractor in June and decided to purchase about three weeks ago. The buying process with the dealer was good and I felt I got a very fair price. I added several options and a rotary cutter to the tractor. The only special request I made was to have the FEL third function hoses routed so they didn稚 hang under the tractor. I knew from other members on TBN this could be done. When I went early last week to sign the paperwork I noticed the hoses were hanging under the tractor and the salesman said the mechanic said the hoses were too short to route any other way. I decided to let it go. I also asked about manuals and if the gear box on the RC was filled with grease. I was told the manuals were in the tractor and the RC was ready to go. After the tractor was delivered I realized there were manuals for the FEL and RC but no tractor manuals. The tractor is at our remote property so while there this weekend I double checked to make sure I didn稚 overlook the manual. I also did a once over of the tractor and discovered the dipstick on the RC gearbox would not touch the grease. I called the dealer this morning and he couldn稚 locate the manual but he said he would order a manual and email me a PDF of the manual so I have something to use until the hard copy arrives. The PDF is for a noncabbed tractor. I don稚 put a lot of stock into dealers whether car, tractor, etc but I do expect decent service. I prefer to use dealer service departments only when absolutely necessary. My daily truck is 10 years old and has never been to the dealer, my farm/hunting truck is 26 years old and has been to the dealer once, my Mahindra tractor is 11 years old and has never been to the dealer. I do my own service and basic repairs and prefer to use independent mechanics when a repair is beyond my skills as I can deal directly with the person doing the work and not a 都ervice manager? By the way I was able to reroute the third function hoses and wiring (which was also hanging under the tractor). Thanks for reading my rant.

/ Poor dealer prep #6  
See if the manual for the rotary cutter is taped underneath....on bottom.

/ Poor dealer prep #8  
I just bought a JD 2025. Great buying experience, tractor setup great. Then when I buy a filter pack for the tractor it had the wrong air filter. I had used one of the filters from the pack so they stuck me with the wrong one and I bought the new one for $22. So for that small amount of money they soured me and I will buy parts on line if at all possible.

Dealerships know service is everything. Taking care of customers is everything but does everyone follow through and do it. I also do my own maintance and fix it myself if possible. It might take me longer but I know it will be done right.

/ Poor dealer prep #9  
Dealerships Suck....

Took my tractor down to dealer (38 miles one way) for its 50 hour service and they guaranteed me one day service so I could pick it up same day (so I could stay in town for a day of shopping with significant other) .... That part was ok and it worked,,,

Doing after service check,,,, Filters changed, oils and fluids checked or changed and fittings greases and all seem ok,... BUT when I looked at left rear wheel that has to be removed to clean and reinstall HST filter screen ... 4 of the 5 lug bolts on wheel were not torqued, and 5th was loose about 3-4 thread (visually a red flag)....... Needles to say service department did hear about it.... But it did indicate they supposedly did proper maintenance on screen...

Dale

/ Poor dealer prep #10  
Salesman or service can make or break a deal and one of those is a reason I did not go Green or Orange, I drove the extra distance and ended up with a MF.

Jim.