Popcorn and sweet corn

/ Popcorn and sweet corn #11  
I have tried the the 3 week wait on planting and by then the weather/hot, dry ground/ etc. and any corn wont pollenate very good under that kind of conditions,---dont know about other areas, but here it didnt work!---also the later you wait to plant the bigger the bug problem you will have and corn is hard to keep sprayed!---the heat is hard on the pollen too,--it burns the tassels and hurts the pollen. thanks; sonny580

/ Popcorn and sweet corn
How bout seeding ornamental corn by sweet corn? I don't NEED to grow it, but I thought it would be cool to try it out and see what this "ornamental" corn looks like

/ Popcorn and sweet corn #13  
How bout seeding ornamental corn by sweet corn? I don't NEED to grow it, but I thought it would be cool to try it out and see what this "ornamental" corn looks like

Jordan9682,
The more I read your comments, the more it sounds like you are simply "playing around" to satisfy your curiousity. If indeed you don't care whether the sweet corn is "edible" or not, I would suggest that you go ahead and plant sweet, popcorn and ornamental corn and satisfy your curiosity. You may end up with multicolor, inedible and unpoppable corn from all three varieties:0(

/ Popcorn and sweet corn
I have a small garden, not necassarily "playing around" just would like to know if I can grow different corns near each other ;)