Pork and Beans

/ Pork and Beans #21  
OK, so we've gone from pork & beans to ham and beans. Well yesterday, starting about 5 a.m., I cooked up the crockpot full of Cranberry Beans (one pound that had soaked overnight), one ham steak cubed, one large onion chopped, one teaspoonful of salt, and 3/4 teaspoonful of pepper. So of course then I had a make some cornbread muffins to go with it.

Now my wife opens and butters a cornbread muffin to eat along with the beans just as they are.

But I add a liberal dose of Cholula original hot sauce to a bowl of beans w/juice and crumble up a cornbread muffin in it. And I'll have more of the same today.

/ Pork and Beans #22  
OK, so we've gone from pork & beans to ham and beans. Well yesterday, starting about 5 a.m., I cooked up the crockpot full of Cranberry Beans (one pound that had soaked overnight), one ham steak cubed, one large onion chopped, one teaspoonful of salt, and 3/4 teaspoonful of pepper. So of course then I had a make some cornbread muffins to go with it.

Now my wife opens and butters a cornbread muffin to eat along with the beans just as they are.

But I add a liberal dose of Cholula original hot sauce to a bowl of beans w/juice and crumble up a cornbread muffin in it. And I'll have more of the same today.

Not a big bean eater, but we do like the Anasazi beans. They cook quicker, taste better and create almost no gas. Discovered them many years ago at a visit to Mesa Verde; used to have to buy them at special stores or order them over the internet. Have mentioned them before, but worth mentioning again. Best ordered in 10# bags from the company; seem a bit fresher.

https://www.anasazibeans.com/beans.html

/ Pork and Beans #23  
Not a big bean eater, but we do like the Anasazi beans. They cook quicker, taste better and create almost no gas.

I don't think I ever heard of Anasazi beans, but I reckon I need to try them. I like that idea of "almost no gas"; sure cannot say the same for our Cranberry Beans.

/ Pork and Beans #24  
I don't think I ever heard of Anasazi beans, but I reckon I need to try them. I like that idea of "almost no gas"; sure cannot say the same for our Cranberry Beans.

The Wife has usurped all my "Thunder". I "poof" She "Roars". Quite the role reversal.

/ Pork and Beans #25  
What are "Cranberry Beans"?

/ Pork and Beans #26  
They say if you eat beans a lot, you won't have that pressure relief problem. Your body processes the fiber differently or something like that....dunno I ain't a doc.

/ Pork and Beans #27  
The Wife has usurped all my "Thunder". I "poof" She "Roars". Quite the role reversal.

Never realized what a bad gas problem our Staffy (aka: dat a pid boo) had until I quit smoking. She actually thinks it's funny because she ways her tail while I'm complaining.

/ Pork and Beans #28  
They say if you eat beans a lot, you won't have that pressure relief problem. Your body processes the fiber differently or something like that....dunno I ain't a doc.
It's true, because your body develoupes the bacteria that breaks down the fiber better.

SR

/ Pork and Beans #29  
It's true, because your body develoupes the bacteria that breaks down the fiber better.

SR

Good news. I'd better thaw the ham hocks and get some beans soaking.

/ Pork and Beans #30  
What are "Cranberry Beans"?

:laughing:Shortly after my wife and I were married, about 53 years ago, she mentioned that her family in West Virginia preferred "October Beans" to Pinto Beans, and of course I had no idea what October Beans were for many, many years. But quite a few years ago, I learned that October Beans and Cranberry Beans were the same thing and are only slightly different from Pinto Beans; maybe a tiny bit sweeter, maybe soften a bit more in cooking?. Anyway, the only place I've ever seen "Cranberry Beans" in this part of the country is in the Kroger grocery stores in one pound packages that cost just a little more than Pinto Beans. And I actually suspect that most people might not be able to tell the difference between Cranberry (or October) Beans and Pinto Beans.:laughing: