Mowing Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM

/ Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM #11  
Re: Position to Clean Mower - 60

<font color=blue>Is it possible that this also prolongs the life of the spring itself?</font color=blue>

Trev,
That spring should last MUCH longer than you do unless it rusts, or you overstretch it while removing it or replacing it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mike

/ Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM #12  
Re: Taking tension off mower spring

So, what's the secret of getting that spring off without hurting yourself or scratching up the paint on the deck. It has a whole lot of tension and I am about to winterize the deck, but sure would like some suggestions for an easy and safe way to get that spring off?

nhman

/ Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM
Re: Taking tension off mower spring

I replied to your other post. Hope that helps.

/ Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM
Re: Position to Clean Mower - 60\" MMM

Got the deck cleaned. I leaned it up against a block wall I have and chocked the center wheels although I don't think I had to because it sat good in the gravel next to the wall. Took awhile but it is now in great shape except for some surface black staining that won't come off. I sprayed it with WD40 and now it is sitting in the garage. Thanks for all our help.

/ Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM #15  
Re: Position to Clean Mower - 60

but I've never seen rust form.

Boy, are you lucky! I need some of that vegetable oil grass in my yard.

OkieG

/ Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM #16  

Congratulations on getting your deck cleaned. Mine hasn't been cleaned, yet, as you can see.

For both cleaning under the deck and taking care of blades, I use the front loader, with forks. Forks make the job a breeze. In fact, forks just about double the utility of a front loader, in my opinion. They are probably the lowest cost, high use attachment you can have.

OkieG

Attachments

• 2-209385-MVC-030S.JPG
    2-209385-MVC-030S.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 90
   / Position to Clean Mower - 60" MMM #17  

Here's another view.

Attachments

• 2-209387-MVC-031S.JPG
    2-209387-MVC-031S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 86