Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop?

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #1  

thavil

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I was going to hold off on posting this until the possible repair was complete but this morning, I received a very interesting phone call from my Kubota Regional Rep. He informed me that my inquiry to Kubota Corp (sent an email about one month ago) was heard and being acted on. I asked Kubota Corp when they were coming out with a fix for the BX 50 series Abrupt Reverse Stop issue. I never heard anything back until Saturday morning. My local dealer called me and said that the regional rep knew of a "fix". My dealer wanted to know if I was interested and told me that he wanted to try it on a used BX that he has at their store. I told him yes and he said he would let me know when someone would be coming out to my farm to do the repair.

Personally, I don't have a whole lot of faith in this "fix" yet but the regional rep said that they have tested it and should correct about 90% of the problem. I wish I got more details about the fix but I did hear him say (I had a bad cell reception) that the fix entailed lowering pressure. I think I have read a few posts about something similar here on TBN, so this is why I am skeptical that this will work. Won't hurt trying!!

I will keep everyone posted on the outcome. Maybe other BX 50 series owners should contact their dealer and ask if they have heard of this fix.

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #2  
Interesting. Lowering the pressure but does this mean less travel speed or working power ? I am curious and will be watching this for sure.

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #3  
Thavil,

Why are you calling it BX 50 series??... Hope that isn't a dumb question.

Also...I will be up at your house on 17 April for our OPRC meeting. Are you going to be there??

Thanks,
Dean

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #4  
i have followed this issue, along with my kubota dealer, and their regional kubota people . . . along with many other members on this websight, who are far smarter than me, and they traded up and or away from the 50 series tractor into a bx1860, bx2360 or bx2660.
i've heard of this ruse or red herring of a fix previously . . . but nothing ever materialized
the best that came about was money for the most vocal/diappointed kubota customers . . . in the form of "kubota assistance dollars," a figure to be subtracted out of a trade in deal at your kubota dealer. i do not know if this program is still in force or not . . . i do know of a fellow or two who were able to trade into the 60 series for a song . . . my dealer/ aided me (not to the extent that i would have desired, but he tried.
i would like to offer a small wager to the effect that there isn't a fix.
shrekbelly

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #5  
My 2350 was at the dealer for three weeks. they adjusted pressure,changed the pump in trans,adjusted linkages and no help. Kubota state rep told me a week ago the only help for me would be a new 60 model. When he suggested this I asked for them to help with a deal for going into a 2360. numbers where discussed and he said that he could work with that and would talk to my sales and they would call me. Today monday april 6, I got the call,they have changed policy and will not help. I have been trying to get this fix all winter and my dealer has worked hard to help but Kubota has been hard to work with. They won't admit there is a problem saying at one point thats the way it was,that the way is and that is that. I feel sorry for some nice people a my dealer having to deal with such a company. For me when I get it paid for it"s gone and replaced with something where my satisfaction is important.

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #6  
Huh, I just spoke with my regional service rep (Minnesota) about a month ago. He told me there was no known fix for it.

I was sitting on the tractor last night and played with the hydro pedals a bit. With the engine off, I pressed each pedal and slipped my foot off to the side. Allowing the pedal to move on its own from forward to neutral is noticeably slower than from reverse to neutral. I am quite tempted to crawl underneath and take a closer look at the damper cylinder that's connected to the pedal linkage. I'd have to think that a damper that damps in both directions (or another one in parallel but reversed) may help.

I sent an e-mail to the proprietor of BXpanded a few weeks ago suggesting that an external kit for this problem may be a potential new product for him. Here is his e-mail: contact@bxpanded.com

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop?
I told myself to wait and post this, after I received a call from my dealer on Saturday but when I received a different call from the regional rep, I thought others should know that Kubota is at least trying to fix this. Looks like I should have waited for the results.:(

Interesting. Lowering the pressure but does this mean less travel speed or working power ? I am curious and will be watching this for sure.

Good question and I was wondering this myself. I will let you know.

Thavil,

Why are you calling it BX 50 series??... Hope that isn't a dumb question.

Also...I will be up at your house on 17 April for our OPRC meeting. Are you going to be there??

Thanks,
Dean

The 50 series is the BX24, BX2350, BX1850, etc. The newer model BX tractors are the 60 series. All 50 series have this abrupt reverse stop issue.

Now that I know you will be here for the meeting, no I won't!!:rolleyes:

i've heard of this ruse or red herring of a fix previously . . . but nothing ever materialized

I agree with you for now. Since I am directly affected, I will wait and see what happens. I know the post you are talking about from the other forum and I agreed then that there wasn't a fix.

My 2350 was at the dealer for three weeks. they adjusted pressure,changed the pump in trans,adjusted linkages and no help. Kubota state rep told me a week ago the only help for me would be a new 60 model. When he suggested this I asked for them to help with a deal for going into a 2360. numbers where discussed and he said that he could work with that and would talk to my sales and they would call me. Today monday april 6, I got the call,they have changed policy and will not help. I have been trying to get this fix all winter and my dealer has worked hard to help but Kubota has been hard to work with. They won't admit there is a problem saying at one point thats the way it was,that the way is and that is that. I feel sorry for some nice people a my dealer having to deal with such a company. For me when I get it paid for it"s gone and replaced with something where my satisfaction is important.

That's a raw deal you got, I hope they change their minds. I will not be trading up for a 60 series if this "fix" doesn't work. I like my BX24 and can deal with the issue.

Huh, I just spoke with my regional service rep (Minnesota) about a month ago. He told me there was no known fix for it.

I was told this also in the past.

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #8  
Good question and I was wondering this myself. I will let you know.

Thanks- I also pray for you that if the "fix" makes the working power, travel slower isn't permanant. IF it is - This will make me a very unhappy owner :(.

/ Possible Fix for BX 50 Series Abrupt Reverse Stop? #10  
I had the fix done. It worked great for reverse. Slows down real slow and controled now. The only issue is if you hit forward before a complete stop it will snap. It is much better and worth the 3 weeks of shop time.