Possible hydraulic cylinder problem.

/ Possible hydraulic cylinder problem. #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Manual for the 4110 is avialable in PDF format on www.johndeere.com somewhere...It is pretty much the same as the 4100 )</font>
Maybe he meant the manual for the blade?

/ Possible hydraulic cylinder problem. #12  
What you are describing sounds like a check valve in the circuit. Is that a possibility? Your description sounds very much like either a check valve or one of your quick connects not seating properly. I'd be tempted to take the hose off to the lower side of the cylinder and remove the quick connect and put the end in a bucket. Then try to lift the blade. If it lifts and fluid flows into the bucket, you know your problem is the quick connect or somewhere in your control valve.

...my $0.02 worth.

/ Possible hydraulic cylinder problem.
All,

Thank you for the replies. I'm off tomorrow and will play around with the blade a bit. I'm going to stop by a Deere dealer and ask some stupid questions and pick up some replacement quick connects. I think one is faulty and it bothers me to no end that it might be DOA.

Let's hope that I do not get some stupid answers.

Terry

/ Possible hydraulic cylinder problem. #14  
Going from memory, but what about the Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lock Lever ? Is it in the right position? Seems that it does funny things depending on which position it's in.

Yep, the DSCV lever is in the unlocked position. One of the first things I checked.

Terry

Fini!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

End of problem!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I visited my JD dealer and talked to one of the tech guys and explained my problem. Remember that I mentioned a malfunctioning quick disconnect. He said that the malfuntioning quick connect was probably the root of the problem. So, I picked up two of them (always like to have a spare) and replaced the bad one a short time ago.

Fired up the tractor and voila!!! The blade goes up and down and back and forth just like it's supposed to. And, since the bad quick disconnect is brandy-new, it is under warrenty and I get a credit for it. Bonus /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thank you's to everyone that provided a suggestion.

Terry

/ Possible hydraulic cylinder problem. #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Fini!!!! End of problem!!!
)</font>

Great news, Terry. Now how about a couple of pictures of that blade in action? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif