Post current Made in the USA tools here

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #12  
It sounds like SK is coming back. :thumbsup:

Yes, many people (myself included) were worried that with the Ideal buyout that they were going overseas, especially with the unstable ground SK was standing on. Glad to see what is happening. If only they would market a little better and make themselves more available, they could hold their own against any of the top tool companies.

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #13  
SK has always been around. It was just find to find dealers for SK tools. I just got done pounding the heck out of my many years old Crescent brand steeple pliers with a hammer while taking down some old fence. I had a pair of TSC steeple pliers before the Crescent. The TSC brand broke the first time I used them.

I have an old Crescent adjustable wrench that was my Dad's. Just picking it up, you can feel the difference in the metal.

Rgds, D.

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #14  

Nice collection of tools Steve.

Reminds me of Lee Valley's Veritas line here. LV also does a great job of (printed material) publishing How To books and other references, many longggg out of print - AND at a reasonable cost - rare in Canada.

There are still enough of us out here that buy on Quality+Performance (vs. Just Price), that these companies do well. It takes a bit more front-end effort, but I view it as just smart business. Why get stuck competing in the Price Only Race to The Bottom, when you can offer something fairly unique, at a higher margin ?

When I bought my Precision Instruments 3/8" split beam torque wrench, roundabout '09, they were still USA made. They had supplied Snap On from about 1938 into the 2000s..... then got outsourced. Great torque wrenches, and at the time they would take a direct order over the phone and ship within the USA. Most of the offshore 3/8" wrenches I looked at were better suited for use as crowbars.

Rgds, D.

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #15  
Yes, many people (myself included) were worried that with the Ideal buyout that they were going overseas, especially with the unstable ground SK was standing on. Glad to see what is happening. If only they would market a little better and make themselves more available, they could hold their own against any of the top tool companies.

Happens that (bad) way all too often.... it's a cause to celebrate (and buy!) when it doesn't.

Rgds, D.

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #16  
Speaking of Crescent, they still make some US made products. I recently bought an adjustable spud wrench.

image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #17  
Klein Tools, still making some good quality US made products.

Estwing continues to make quality US made hammer etc.

Morse Cutting Tools as well

Good thread PP:thumbsup:

Agreed, great thread. I used some Klein pliers the other day that weren't made here, so I guess some of there stuff is imported.

I went to sears the other day. I needed some deep 6pt 1/4" drive sockets. They had a nine piece set of metric or SAE for $30 made in China. Or for $20 they had an 18pc set, SAE and metric made in the USA. Anyway, it wasn't a tough choice.

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #18  
I was an avid woodworker for many years, and some of my favorite tools were from Woodpeckers in Ohio. Superb quality stuff!

I recently bought a USA made SK Torx socket set through Zoro Tools because I bought a older Jeep that's loaded with Torx screws everywhere, so far I am very satisfied and will look hard at SK for my next tool purchase.

/ Post current Made in the USA tools here #19  
I have lots of SK sockets. They seem real nice. Another similar brand is Wright. Made in USA, well cheaper than snap-on, etc, and they make a "Wright-grip" wrench, it's got serrations like "flank-drive plus" from snap-on.

Check out harryepstein.com they sell wright and lots of good stuff there.