POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT #1  

TX Hazer

Tractor
MF 231XE
I just purchased a Shaver HD-8 post driver. It did not have a hydraulic "return" hose on it. I am hooking it up to a MF271XE tractor and would like to know where to hook the return line to the tractor. It is a low pressure return line and just dumps the hydraulic fluid back into the resivor, but where?

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT #2  
Welcome to TBN TX:D

You can make up a adapter that fits in the fill port of your tranny...

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT #3  
You should be able to plumb into the return from the aux. remotes. I think there's a "T" fitting there. It's a funny thread, but, you should be able to get it.

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT
Thanks. That was my conclusion, but on this tractor the fill opening is right on top next to the gear shift and is a little unhandy. I thought there might be some other place that I just hadn't found.

Thanks again

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT
Thanks MFRED, I will look for the "T" fitting or if there isn't one I may create one.
Thanks

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT #6  
Take a look at the thread that I started regarding the same problem. I had a downforce kit for a post hole digger that is plumbed the same way. The adapter that I located allows you to hook up your return line at the filler opening. I think that it was specific to Kubota but you might be able to track down one for your model. The folks at Inland Kubota are great to work with.

I added a 45 degree adapter to clear my obstructions, and a quick disconnect. Simple to use.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-thread-pitch-kubota-l4330-transmission.html

I just purchased a Shaver HD-8 post driver. It did not have a hydraulic "return" hose on it. I am hooking it up to a MF271XE tractor and would like to know where to hook the return line to the tractor. It is a low pressure return line and just dumps the hydraulic fluid back into the resivor, but where?

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT
Stagelines,
Thank you for the info. I appreciate your previous thread and especially the picture of the adapter you found. It appears to be exactly what I need. I will contact my dealer and see if he can locate that part or a similar one to fit my tractor.
Thanks again,
TX Hazer

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT
Actually the line is a low pressure line that dumps the hydraulic fluid (low pressure) back into the hydraulic/transmission fluid reservoir. It is coming from the post driver as it drives the post. The pressure line is then used to raise the driver. In other words the only downward pressure results from the springs driving the post driver down.

There are only two lines, the "pressure" line and the "dump" line.

I think this answers your question, but if not, let me know.

Your response is appreciated.

/ POST DRIVER ATTACHMENT #10  
OK I understand the schematic, I agree with the other posts ....dump it in the reservoir, the details are up to you.