Post pics of your BUCK

/ Post pics of your BUCK #21  
no I didn't buy it. The guy started parting it out and is about 8 hours away. i might end up with the running gear, and i might put my 2cyl motor on it

That's a pretty good haul and would have cost a few bucks in fuel and everything else that goes with it. Parting out a broken tractor makes sense if a person has time/tools/ambition to take it all apart. I can understand why he would do that. I'd be willing to bet there are quite a few "collectible" tractors lying around peoples properties that would make great deals if only they were offered up. I was driving around my neck-of-the-woods yesterday and saw all kinds of interesting things - none of it actively being sold, but I'd bet the owners just don't want to take the time to put it up for sale. Keep your eye out and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. It takes time but I'm learning that even at the time it takes to acquire things I'm looking for I still can't keep up fixing them before I find something else to drag home that needs to be worked on :confused2:

/ Post pics of your BUCK #22  
Is the Buck 4wd and how complete is it?

Yes it is 4wd and complete. it had some kind of loader on it that was detached. He wanted 1K for it before he sold the rear tires/oil pump, starter, alternator. He said the harness was cobbled together and junk. It is in Wisconsin.... otherwise it would be in my garage.

/ Post pics of your BUCK #23  
I solved my overheating problems with a water pump rebuild at about 800 hours. Took the thing off and went to a rebuild shop in Houston. Laid the thing on the counter and the guy rooted around underneath and pulled out an identical model already rebuilt which he sold me for $75.00. No temperature probs since. Drained the radiator and ran some cleaner through it and everything is lovely.