Post puller idea

/ Post puller idea #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
In looking at on-line auctions, I stumbled onto this homemade post puller. Maybe everyone knows about this but it's news to me.

It's just a piece of flat steel with a hole in it for the post and a grab clevis to the other end to slip over the post. With a little practice you wouldn't even have to get off the tractor. Slip the post in the hole and as you lift up with the bucket it will cant itself and pull it out.
Image 3.jpeg

/ Post puller idea #2  
I use something like this, gave $3 for at a pawn shop works great.
1710168077054.png

/ Post puller idea #3  
Both look like they would do the job. My problem - about 50% or more of my T-145 posts - I can't get anyway near with my tractor. I use my High Lift jack and a chain.

/ Post puller idea #4  
When you cannot get tractor near a post, how about using a tire rim with chain over it. Never have myself but sure looks like a great idea.

/ Post puller idea #5  
Big log, 55 gallon drum or anything round and a chain works. Even an old rim with no tire on it works as well. I use my loader if I can get near them with a chain choked on the post.

/ Post puller idea #6  
Interesting concept - chain over a round object. Chain hooked low on the post - roll the round object.

I carried on my ATV - High Lift jack - 12" x 12" x 2" chunk of hard wood - chain with hooks. Chunk of hard wood used if the ground was soft.

I've pulled 35 - 40 posts. Neighbor would air hammer new 3" x 3" hole into the VERY shallow bedrock. Old post into new hole - sand/dry cement fills the hole.

About 60 to 65 of my T-145 posts sit in an area where there is only 8" of soil over SOLID bedrock. Not the most ideal situation. With the neighbor and his air driven jack hammer - 40 of the 65 have been corrected. About 25 more to go.

/ Post puller idea #7  
When I set mine, I use a post pounder on the back of one of the tractors. The one I have will actually pound in a rail road tie. Makes a dandy concrete breaker as well with a steel rod in place of a post.

/ Post puller idea #8  
Interesting device. I imagine it works well if you have a helper on the ground.

When I'm doing a lot of post work, I clamp 4' lengths of 2X6 across my grapple tines. I squeeze the posts between the 2X6's and pull them out with the FEL & grapple. No need to get off the tractor. I can pull an entire fence line in just a few minutes.

When installing posts, I lay them out across a log so I can grab the post end between the 2X6's with the grapple. In soft ground, I use the weight of the tractor to push them at least part way in.

/ Post puller idea #9  
that's a simple concept probably works well, I always done the 3 loop around the post with a chain and If I cant get there with the tractor I use a chain (again the 3 loop method) and a High Lift jack (farmer jack)