POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #11  
Looks like a nice job! I TRIED posting pictures of mine, but for some reason, this site won't accept my uploads. (I'm working on that) I farm about 1400 acres. To handle the big jobs, I have a Hahn sprayer with a 60' boom, and 450 gallon tank capacity. That's kind of OVER-KILL for small spot-spraying jobs, as well as smaller pastures and fields. I set up a 3 point sprayer, much the same as yours, with 2 different booms. One is 12', and the other is 25'. Depending on what I'm doing, I can interchange the booms. I use Tee-Jet "anti-drip" check valves, nozzles, strainers, valves, ect...The sprayer itself has only a 55 gallon tank. I have a pair of 250 gallon "saddle tanks" that also get used for liquid fertilizer when we're planting corn. They sit on opposite sides of the tractor. That makes for a better balanced rig with all that liquid sloshing around. I have a transfer pump that allows me to keep the 55 gallon rear tank full without stopping. That gives me as much as 555 gallons capacity. (50+ acres @ 10.2 gallon per acre delivery rate)

If you feel that your tank is too small, you might want to consider adding a second tank, with transfer pump. It works great. If I didn't already have the saddle tanks, I would make a front mount. and carry a tank out in front of the tractor to help balance the weight of the tank on the rear.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #12  
Anyone ever take one of those IBC 3x3x3 ft tanks with aluminum cage on it and pallet under it and turn it into a sprayer?

You could pick it up with rear pallet forks and drive...

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #13  
I took a different approach to spraying, I made a 2 tank system. First I don't like to use any non-organic method on food, so I have one tank that is just for use in the veggie garden where I refuse to use chemicals, posions, etc. Second, I have a tank for pesticides and herbicides. Each tank is rigged to its own spray gun, each tank has its own pump. The only thing they share is the boom sprayer and I do flush that completely after use, but I also have never used the boom sprayer for any pesticide or herbicides.

I built the frame out of a carry all frame that was dramatically modified. The lower tank sits on the original carry all forks. The upper tank rests on forks that were welded on above the lower tank. Above both of the tanks are two hose reels. The reels are actually air hose reels that were slightly modified and each hose reel as 30' of hose.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have made one of the tanks a 25 or 30 gallon tank, currently both are 15 gallon units. The other thing I would have done is used more hose on each of the reels. The reels will hold 100' of hose, and after using 30' of hose, I will say that 100' sounds about perfect!

The best thing I did, other than using 2 tanks, was choosing spray guns instead of spray wands. The spray guns will shoot an honest 30' and as long as the wind is not blowing you can easily spray the top of the tallest fruit trees you'll likely find. Given the size of my tanks, at only 15 gallons each, I obviously am not using this for commercial purposes, but it certainly fits my needs and the vertical arrangement of the tanks saves a lot of storage space.

Back View of my 2 tank spray rig

side view of the spray rig

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #14  
Nice set up Bob, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was just looking at the gun and ditching my wand too. What size pumps are you running ? 100' ft of hose, I thought adding a 25' extension was gonna be good but that sounds much better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steven

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #15  
Steven, if I recall correctly the pumps are about 3gpm pumps. I ordered them from Northern Tool. The guns came from Northern Tool also. I've used spray wands and there is no way I would ever go back to a wand after using these guns. The guns can spray a fog or a stream.

I would strongly recommend some hose reels and the longest length of hose you think you need, then double that length! The hose reels come in really handy and make short work of storing the hoses. When spraying along a fence line or when parked between a couple trees and trying to spray up into the trees, MORE HOSE IS BETTER unless you like moving the tractor 20 to 30 feet every 10 minutes! I'd rather park it and walk with the spray gun. I think the hose reels cost me $19 at Lowes.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #16  
Thanks Bob, Your right the hose reels are a good idea too. I dont think I maxed my visa out yet so maybe its time to better my rig.

My spray bar is 42" and I just welded the bolts to the rack. I will put some wing nuts on them to make the rig easier to remove. Still trying to work out a height which is why there is excess tubeing. Heck I just got it today /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gotta finish this today sometime.

Attachments

• 610534-spray bar.jpg
    610534-spray bar.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 460
   / POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #17  
You still haven't maxxed out the credit card . . . well let me give you some ideas.

$19 for a hose reel, you can mount that to the side of the tank on your platform.

$50 for the spray gun.

$2 for a "Y" garden hose valve to divert from the spray gun to the boom sprayer. And another roughly $10 worth of small adapter parts to connect everything up.

$xx.xx for the hose? I can't remember what it costs, but something tells me it was fairly expensive per foot of hose, buy until you credit card stops you and send me any you can't find a use for /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #18  
Originally built for use on a 1970 JD 11 Lawn and Garden tractor, now modified to fit on back of my orange B7500. Thats why a small 15 gal tank. Spring loaded folding arms on a removeable boom. Powered by a 12V pump. One tank is good for about a acre of spraying. Hose and spray wand to get at the areas the tractor can't get in to. This unit has been working excellent for about 4 years now.

Attachments

• 610562-Sprayer on 3 pt - small.jpg
    610562-Sprayer on 3 pt - small.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 618
   / POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #19  
This is my current set-up. 25 gallon tank and approx. 72" spray width. I plan to weld up a frame to use it on the 3 pt and make a wider hinged boom in the future. Many nice set-ups here everyone.

Attachments

• 610583-19b5.jpg
    610583-19b5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 514
   / POST YOUR PICTURES OF WEED SPRAY EQUIPMENT #20  
i hope your using the wylie thats just a short distance from me, located in Atkins, Arkansas..
heehaw