Posting on Craigs List

/ Posting on Craigs List #1  

okie350

Silver Member
Tractor
L3010 & BX2200
I have been trying to post some chain link fencing for sale on Craigs list. the add was posted for a day and a half with no problems and lots of replys. Then suddenly I was red flagged and my post was removed. So I reposted, and an hour later I was flagged again. This is not the first time this has happened to me but I can not find out what is going on. I know I am posting in the right section because I looked for simular adds. (posted In the Farm & Garden section)

Does anyone have any experence with this? I have tried all the steps in Graigs list and have gotten nowhere. Do you think it is someone mad because I did not accept their low ball offer ( like a 1/4 of the asking price)? as I have had some rediculas offers and some pretty bad atitudes when i say Thanks but no thanks.

Looking for some advise.:)

/ Posting on Craigs List #2  
Well, check your ad again. Be really sure you included obvious contact information. That's about all I can think of.

/ Posting on Craigs List
Well, check your ad again. Be really sure you included obvious contact information. That's about all I can think of.

My contact info is fine. I had over 13 e-mail responses. and it was up for over 1- 1/2 days.

/ Posting on Craigs List #4  
I am a craigs list nut ... buy and sell all the time. It just happens and for no reason. Just post it again.

/ Posting on Craigs List
I did post again, deleted flagged within the hour.

/ Posting on Craigs List #6  
Someone else has chain link fence to sell and they are removing the competition.

You turned down someone's low offer and they are "getting even."

Bruce

/ Posting on Craigs List #7  
Maybe asking the Graigs list admins would be the way to go. Go to the source works best for me.

MarkV

/ Posting on Craigs List #8  
I did post again, deleted flagged within the hour.

As you found out, any idiot can flag any free post for any reason. But it
also takes multiple flags for removal to happen (Craig won't say how many).

All I can say is keep reposting, and maybe try changing your title or posting
it in "materials" in case the flaggers are just monitoring "farm and garden",
rather than using the search facility.

I have been using Craigs since it was a tiny local Bay Area operation (only)
many years ago and I have had my posts flagged sometimes, too. Mostly
when tractors are involved. Posting a tel# is good.

/ Posting on Craigs List #9  
Welcome to the lawless wild west of Craig's List. I do a lot of both buying and selling on Craig's List, and I've had similar experiences.

Trust me, contacting the admins is useless. I've never been able to get any response. When my posts were flagged I had to wait a few days and re-post. Craig's List is one of those few services where you actually do get more than what you pay for (nothing) but not much.

You just have to count your blessings that you got the 13 responses and then hope for smoother sailing next time.

/ Posting on Craigs List #10  
Someone else has chain link fence to sell and they are removing the competition.

You turned down someone's low offer and they are "getting even."

Bruce

I would bet it's one of these. I posted an ad 1 time and got flagged 3 times. found out from a guy that he had contacted another poster with a item similar to mine but higher priced. The guy I met also met the other "poster" and told me the other seller joked about "bumping" off the competition. I sold him my item...

I never post my phone number anymore, I ask them to respond, if I am interested I will call them. I don't have time for crazy offers, timeshare junk, I can't pay my rent. ect tra..