Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #11  
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I'm going to pass on this beat unit, but it does seem like any used BX TLB units are in the mid teens for price. At those price points I'm going to consider a new purchase and stop by the local dealer.
The good news is... as you are finding out, they hold their value pretty well. The zero down, zero interest and the KTAC insurance makes it very compelling. If you do decide to unload it after several years, you won't be out much money. Some will say rent one first to see if you like it... or if you don't think you will get much use then rent one each time. Seeing that you want to use as mower and snowblower, I think that rules out renting. You should get some decent seat time regardless of your other projects that you have that you don't even know about yet! Good luck!

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #12  
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I'm going to pass on this beat unit, but it does seem like any used BX TLB units are in the mid teens for price. At those price points I'm going to consider a new purchase and stop by the local dealer.

There is one for sale in Seville ohio

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #13  
Consider a used BX23 or BX24. You can find a homeowner owned one sometimes for not too much more than your $10k budget.

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback
Consider a used BX23 or BX24. You can find a homeowner owned one sometimes for not too much more than your $10k budget.

Agreed, i have not been limiting my searching, I'm looking at x23, bx24, or bx25. Not much luck.

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #16  
I will check it out:thumbsup: for you this weekend.

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #17  
I agree the 2011 BX25 in consideration looks well used but on the other hand, $8,000 is the cheapest price I have seen on either a BX24 or 25. I wouldn't be at all concerned about the engine hours. What I would want to look at closely are the pins/bushings on FEL and BH.

If you could have an experienced friend have a look at it with you I would still consider it.

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #18  
That machine was ridden hard and put away wet. I would surly pass on it.

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback #19  
That machine was ridden hard and put away wet. I would surly pass on it.
Why do you think that? It was used commercially certainly but would anyone be concerned about buying a M59 with 1000 hrs of commercial use? Of course it is not a garage queen but these are not delicate toys. I agree if it hasn't been greased etc that is a problem but I would still consider it at that price.

/ Potential purchase, 2011 BX25, looking for honest feedback
I agree the 2011 BX25 in consideration looks well used but on the other hand, $8,000 is the cheapest price I have seen on either a BX24 or 25. I wouldn't be at all concerned about the engine hours. What I would want to look at closely are the pins/bushings on FEL and BH.

If you could have an experienced friend have a look at it with you I would still consider it.

I talked with Barlow equipment today and even with delivery there seems to be less than a 27% delta between a brand new rig and one with 500-1500 hours, on a used note that's painfully minimal depreciation, on a new note that's a nice investment over 5 years.

I have some questions related to the new purchase avenue:
1. When was the BX25D model introduced? I know that not a whole lot has changed over the years outside of the dash, pedals, plastic vs metal, etc.
2. Is Kubota due for a model change in the next year?
3. Do they further discount models at the end of the year or at model change?
4. I see the 0% financing ends on 9/31/15 and the $1000 rebate ends on 10/31/15. Do those usually renew?