Backhoe power beyond and backhoe

/ power beyond and backhoe #1  

jim swyers

Tractor
1998--1920 New holland
I have a 1920 NH tractor with a Bushhog loader. I purchased a 757c NH backhoe and have it hooked up. The
tractor has power beyond and I "t" into the outlet on the hyd manifold block for the backhoe hyd supply and returned it under the seat to a plug I removed and installed a fitting-----Now my dilema, the backhoe only energizes when I pull back on the loader lever and the fel only operates when I hold down on a Back hoe lever---
I do not really want to operate this way, am I missing something ? Is there something that I need to add to this circuit to make it operate as it should or do I simply need to add a rear valve or remote. I talked to our NH dealer
and he wants me to bring it to them and they will install a remote for ~$800. This is way out of my expertise and
I would appreciate any advice-----where are you JJ?

/ power beyond and backhoe #2  
Same backhoe on a tc 30 . This is how NH installed mine . At Rear , under seat , were remotes would be located is just 1 fitting , A male Quick connect . Second hose from backhoe is long and goes up under tractor all the way to were hyd. lines come from engine and go up to F.E.L. . At that location is a short hose that comes back down from loader control block and just sort of loops around and connects to " Pump " or manifold ??? That line gets unplugged from " manifold / pump connection " ?? and connects to long hose from backhoe .

When I need to attach backhoe , with tractor not running , I connect female QC to plug in back , then long hose is connected to that line I unconnected from side of engine ( that line has a female QC on end thus male QC on long B.H. line plugs into it ) . When this is done it DISABLES 3 point system thus even if 3 point lever gets moved it does not damage B.H. or tractor as the lift arms don't move .

I am going out to take a couple of pictures .

Pic. 1 = Side of block were hose comes down from loader and connects to what ever that is you see there .

Pic. 2 = Same line disconnected from that block , that line would then be connected to long lie coming from Backhoe . and Pic. 3 shows Dust cap installed on that fitting on that " Manifold " .

Pic. 4 is Male QC were normally you would have remotes .

As I stated , This was done by N.H. Dealer at time of tractor purchase , So I imagine that it is a Far Cheaper route that buying remotes .

Fred H.

Attachments

• 100_0088.JPG
    100_0088.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 828
  • 100_0089.JPG
    100_0089.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 814
  • 100_0090.JPG
    100_0090.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 826
  • 100_0091.JPG
    100_0091.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:
   / power beyond and backhoe #3  
I have a 1920 NH tractor with a Bushhog loader. I purchased a 757c NH backhoe and have it hooked up. The
tractor has power beyond and I "t" into the outlet on the hyd manifold block for the backhoe hyd supply and returned it under the seat to a plug I removed and installed a fitting-----Now my dilema, the backhoe only energizes when I pull back on the loader lever and the fel only operates when I hold down on a Back hoe lever---
I do not really want to operate this way, am I missing something ? Is there something that I need to add to this circuit to make it operate as it should or do I simply need to add a rear valve or remote. I talked to our NH dealer
and he wants me to bring it to them and they will install a remote for ~$800. This is way out of my expertise and
I would appreciate any advice-----where are you JJ?

The simple way to get hyd power to the rear is to make a hose to go from the FEL PB to the rear with a male QD.

When using the BH, plug the PB hose to the female QD for the IN hose of the BH.

Run the BH OUT hose to a return hose or to the filler cap.

When you are not using the BH, you connect the PB hose to the 3pt input.

If you have remotes, the PB hose will go to the IN port of the remote.

With BH connected, the hyd flow path is from pump, to FEL, to BH, to tank. No 3pt available.

If you need all valves available, The BH valve needs to be PB capable.

If you go ahead and get the remotes, with PB, and you need all your valves, the BH valve still needs PB.

With the remotes installed, The PB from the remotes will connect to the BH IN hose, and the BH PB out hose will connect to the remote IN port.

Now, the hyd flow path is pump, to remote valves, to BH valve, to 3pt input, tank.

In the picture above, they appear to come off the hyd block with the PB.

Either way, you should have PB on all valves, and connect things to provide a series path.

/ power beyond and backhoe #4  
Before disconnecting any of the hydraulic QCs, lower the loader to the ground, shut off the engine, and move the loader joystick through all the positions. You don't want any pressure on any of the hydraulic lines when you uncouple them.

/ power beyond and backhoe
Thanx Guys---I think you have me on the right track and Fred a picture is worth a thousand words especially to someone like me---old and all beat up from trying to figure this out----My neighbors also
thank you as they have been also involved in my crisis ( that is the reason I am beat up--trying all of their surefire solutions that did not work-----Thanks again!!!

/ power beyond and backhoe #6  
Here are the directions I received from my dealer when I installed my backhoe,
They cover the 757c Hoe. There was a kit to buy but is wasn't too expensive.

BackhoePage1.jpgBackhoePage2.jpgBackhoePage3.jpg

Good Luck, Bud

/ power beyond and backhoe
Thanks again for all the info---took about 5 min to put PB to backhoe connection and presto everything worked as you all described---now I am going to try and master this digging machine I do so much appreciate all the info-------Jim

/ power beyond and backhoe #8  
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread and to TO_Bud in particular for posting the pages from the manual. I have the main manuals for my tractor, FEL and backhoe, but this kind of detail is in none of them. I am in the reverse situation - I bought the tractor with the FEL and backhoe and now I want to use a mower so the TPH needs to work and I've been trying to figure out how to reconfigure.

With this info I have hopes of success.

Update: I went out to the property today and reconfigured the hydraulic lines and the TPH is working just fine! Now to get a 6' brush mower to hang on that puppy!

Last edited:
   / power beyond and backhoe #9  
If you need all valves available, The BH valve needs to be PB capable.

If you go ahead and get the remotes, with PB, and you need all your valves, the BH valve still needs PB.

With the remotes installed, The PB from the remotes will connect to the BH IN hose, and the BH PB out hose will connect to the remote IN port.

Now, the hyd flow path is pump, to remote valves, to BH valve, to 3pt input, tank.

Hi Guys, I'm trying to revive an old tread and ideally get hold of J_J as I have a problem hooking up my BH to my tractor and he almost answer my ?'s (see above quote)

Please see my tread here:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/425432-hyd-gurus-pls-help-backhoe.html

Let me know if you can help !

THANKS, Jason :)

/ power beyond and backhoe #10  
#1 You have an open center backhoe #2 the backhoe is connected as if the tractor was closed center . Google some diagrams of closed center vs open center