Power Beyond for John Deere 4300?

/ Power Beyond for John Deere 4300? #11  
canoetrpr said:
Interesting...

This applies only to JDs that don't have a rear hydraulic block out of the factory then?

Not quite sure what you mean?

/ Power Beyond for John Deere 4300? #12  
reasley,
My battery died on me quite suddenly a few months ago. Not having the option to do much shopping I had to go to the JD dealer for a new one. I discussed at length the issue I had with the old battery. The service manager was aware of the problem and assured me that the new battery they were selling me would not have this problem.
I took his word for it as we have always had a good relationship. So far no problems.
May be worth looking into. I to would have preferred to put an Optima in it but without one available no dice. I have been a bit disappointed in Optima's lately I have had a yellow and red both go south on me after only a year or so. I would not consider normal day to day operation abusive to them.
Regards,
James

/ Power Beyond for John Deere 4300?
Thanks for the reply, James.

No reflection on you whatsoever and not directed at you but that sounds like quite an understatement that the JD service manager said "we're aware of it" (the battery acid spilling to the radiator/oil cooler/battery floor as the result of an incorrect design spec for the battery).

I'll bet they are!

My guess is that they are aware that numerous new 4000 series purchasers have complained to them about the problem. Personally, I think that the company should recall those batteries (and the plastic hoods that come with the tractors) and replace them as a goodwill gesture. [Actually, a more tenable solution for all would probably be to give a hefty discount for the hood portion of the ExtraArmor kit for anyone that requests one.]

I was in the JD parts department the other day and made a point to look at their replacement batteries which are called the "Terminator" (just teasing, actually the "Hibernator".) Either my dealer has NOS batteries or they have not changed the design -- the new battery looks just like my old one.

/ Power Beyond for John Deere 4300? #14  
I finally got the PB installed on my 4300. I had the dealer do it.
They dropped it off last night and it is not exactly as I expected.
There is the In and Out ports connected by the filter hose as expected but there is also a QD that is labeled Return to Reservoir. I had not expected this QD to be there so that leads me to ask a couple of questions.
In which case would you use this QD instead of the In and Out?
I will plumb in 3 SCV valves for TNT, I am assuming they will connect to the In and Out ports, right? And leave the Return to Reservoir QD unused?
Thanks,
James

/ Power Beyond for John Deere 4300? #15  
James,
Let me see if I can help...

The PB loop they installed is between the pump and the 3PH (3 point hitch)(there is other stuff also-but I am trying to keep this simple). So, for the 3PH to work, the return must plug into IN port witch then goes to the 3PH.
I some case, like when a BH (backhoe) is installed, the 3PH should be disabled or inoperative, so you would plug the return line from the BH into the return to reservoir port thus bypassing the 3PH.

So, for a new valve you would use the IN and OUT ports as you guessed, and not use the return to reservoir port.

Clear as mud?