Power Beyond

/ Power Beyond #12  
Re: Power Beyond, relief valve???

Does tapping into the PB port on an existing DSCV or SCV get you the advantage of being relief-valve protected, otherwise by plumbing into the block between the pump and the DSCV you'd be running without one, so your new valve would have to have it? I ask this because I've been told by two different vendors that a valve must have a relief valve in it, when adding it to a tractor. But I'm begining to suspect that if you are plumbed to the PB port of an existing valve you'd be protected by that valves relief valve and so your new add-on valve wouldn't need a relief valve in it.. I don't know this for sure but am reading between the lines on adding like a log splitter valve to the PB ports, the splitter valve is a simple single-spool without a releif and so it sort of adds up. What do you think?

/ Power Beyond #13  

jimgerken - <font color=blue>Does tapping into the PB port on an existing DSCV or SCV get you the advantage of being relief-valve protected, otherwise by plumbing into the block between the pump and the DSCV you'd be running without one, so your new valve would have to have it?</font color=blue>

Correct on all counts.

/ Power Beyond #14  

But won't the overall system relief valve kick in if you overload and have no relief valve in the control? I always thought the effect of a relief valve in a control was to allow a LOWER relief setting than the system pressure for that particular impelement/control. Isn't is basically relief valves in parallel and the lowest setting lets free first?

/ Power Beyond #15  

Hayden - It was the overall system relief valve that we were talking about being circumvented - if you don't put the new circuit in after the front block, where the system relief valve is located, the new circuit isn't protected by it.

If, as you mention, a circuit is installed after the system relief valve, and it contains its own relief valve, whichever one is set to the lower setting will "pop" first.

/ Power Beyond #16  

I see. I was thinking the relief valve was part of the pump and protected everything. I see now it's part of the 3PH lift and only protects the stuff downstream of the first block (like the lift and second block).