Power Bucket leveling gravel

/ Power Bucket leveling gravel #1  

presnewt

Silver Member
Tractor
Steiner 440
Good evening. I currently have the power rake which i love, i use it to recondition my driveway and to level small area and to even plow up garden. I was considering using it to work on other peoples gravel drives but figured that the bucket would be handy to move loose gravel around. I believe that it is not really intended to dig into hard solid ground but I assume it would work fine to move loose gravel and dirt. Would it also work well to spread gravel and soil by dropping the front edge and dragging it backwards? Is there another attachment that would work better? Thanks for your help

/ Power Bucket leveling gravel #2  
For working driveways I currently have the power rake, bucket and 72 in blade. Before I got my power rake I used the blade to regrade without issue. Now it’s just so much faster with the power rake that I use it exclusively. The bucket is good for hauling gravel if you need to but the rake is the best tool for reconditioning.

/ Power Bucket leveling gravel #3  
I used a bucket for years to repair a driveway, on many different machines and it works great. If you are doing a steep drive you need modified stone so it doesn't kick out and it will pack like concrete. The blade is near worthless for that, I have little removable teeth for my bucket and it will dig a lot better in original ground. I just put a 3 point hitch on so now I can make a ripper so it will dig even better.....