Power comparison

/ Power comparison #41  
What do you have in your vehicle that you are driving? Cars and trucks have the drive by wire, been on them for about 15 years now.

The vehicles I have that are drive by wire have very expensive computer controls that have & continue to fail.
It cost hundreds of dollars to get my wipers to quit coming on when I tried to turn on the lights.
Or to get the blower to stop coming on while the car was setting in the driveway in the middle of the night when I was asleep.
Whats going to happen when I can no longer get these computers? they were only used in a couple years vehicles.

/ Power comparison #42  
The vehicles I have that are drive by wire have very expensive computer controls that have & continue to fail.
It cost hundreds of dollars to get my wipers to quit coming on when I tried to turn on the lights.
Or to get the blower to stop coming on while the car was setting in the driveway in the middle of the night when I was asleep.
Whats going to happen when I can no longer get these computers? they were only used in a couple years vehicles.
Complain to the huggers.
We all need to do our part to save the world environment.... Don't we?

/ Power comparison #43  
Most of the electronics made for vehicles are made by Asian companies.... As cheap as possible to maximize profits.... Quality is secondary....
This is our world today... Unfortunately!

/ Power comparison #44  
If I were around for 70 more years on my tractor I'd be 135!:shocked:
The way to get past crap technology is not to keep it forever hoping parts will be available forever. Instead trade in every couple of years and stay ahead with technology that works well; dump it if it doesn't.
DK-40 actually responds better not pressing as hard as one might think one has to for it to move faster. It's counterintuitive, but that's how it works.

/ Power comparison #46  

It'll be junk yard material. Maybe scrap the way user serviceability is going. I told my dad that he could hate on my 25 year old "junk" truck all that he wanted when his 2016 vehicle is that old and still goes down the road in a somewhat reliable fashion everyday. I feel that it's a pretty safe bet that it'll never happen. I'm not one of the the old farts here that think change is evil, but sometimes if it works fine leave it alone. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a $3 key, a switch that turns on the windshield wipers, opening the trunk yourself, manual position seats. Instead we get an electric key fob that cost hundreds of dollars, a rain sensor on the windshield which is practically guaranteed to fail, a powered trunk that opens at a snails pace, and electronic position seats that'll fail and leave you with un adjustable seats.

/ Power comparison #47  
Where would we be today if our elders thought the same way... Go ride your horse home then!

It would be a better world, because they took the time to make things that worked better than what we had not worse!

/ Power comparison #48  
Complain to the tree huggers.
We all need to do our part to save the world environment.... Don't we?

No, no; instead let's wreck it entirely, and go back to black plumes of smoke from every smokestack, rivers on fire, smog so thick we can barely see our cities, etc. That 'der some real forward thinkin' huh?!

Quote: Originally Posted by hillwood:
Where would we be today if our elders thought the same way... Go ride your horse home then!

I have a horse?! I didn't know. Where is it? I likey horses! Except for the pooh!

Last edited:
   / Power comparison #49  
Tree huggers are stupid. I bet they every one live in a house that's framed with wood, has wood furniture and sits on land that was once forest. What else are you going to build with? Wood is renewable. They don't seem do understand that modern lumber sources are pretty much crops. No one is chopping down 100 year old trees to cut 2x4s. Around here once the trees get bigger than about 20" is rotten and half the 20" trees are rotten. I don't know about the rest of you but it's been a long time if ever that I've chopped down a healthy tree for firewood. The alternative option for that wood is left to rot or a burn pile. Vegans aren't much smarter. Do they think all the farm animals will get to live out their life's in peace if they weren't eaten? No the farmers aren't doing it because it's fun. They're raised to be slaughtered.