Power Converter

/ Power Converter #11  
1, i don't think a 1200w inverter is going to power very much of a pressure washer.. my karcher wants 15a... that's 1800w. really? I'd go for one that was rated at 2000 continous watts if i wanted to run 1800w motor load.

I'd have that sucker hooked right in the engine compartment very close to the battery or at minimum.. to one of the battery taps for starter.. etc.

it should use a suitable maxi fuse or CB.

ditch the gig lighter idea unless you are charging a laptop.

1 have an 800w inverter that has a hard time running a half inch drill putting in kinge spikes for gets on fences. I seriously doubt it will be running a real pressure washer..

/ Power Converter #12  
How would I put a fuse in the line for a 1200w and what size of fuse would I use?

/ Power Converter #13  
Watts = Volts X Amps. 1,200 Watts = 12 Volts X 100 Amps.

The problem is not fusing, thats pretty simple. The problem is, the pressure washer is more load than 1200 watts.

I still like the idea to pick up a cheap generator (2,000 watt), fashion a small plywood box to your 3pth and throw it in the box. Plug in whatever you want to run...done.

/ Power Converter #14  
I have a 1500W inverter. It MUST be connected to the battery and the truck running if I want to use it. When I connect it that way I have no problem running my electric impact and, the whole reason I got it, I also used to use it to run my carpet seaming iron.

If you plug one of the larger inverters into you cig lighter or a power tap and it somehow does not blow the fuse, plan on putting out a car fire.

/ Power Converter #15  
How would I put a fuse in the line for a 1200w and what size of fuse would I use?

In line with what? The cigarette lighter plug to run 1200w? How about a gasoline powered HP washer instead? Where are you HP washing where there is water but no power? To run 1/2HP washer a 3000W peak inverter connected direct to the battery is required. A 145amp alternator and the engine running at 2500rpm too.
Again, where and what are you doing?