Power Plant Damage by burning car

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #1  

MAX-24-Dean

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX24
A man being described as committing a terrorist act, shuts down the MEGA Solar project that was supplying power to MGM in Las Vegas.

Will take two years to replace Transformer and other electrical aparatus.

Anyone else following this?

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #2  
Maybe now that they’ve caught someone they can find out if there’s some reason for the recent attacks on infrastructure or if it’s just copycats.

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #3  
I read that an attack on 11 "nodes" in the power grid would essentially shut the country down. Comforting thought.

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #4  
A man being described as committing a terrorist act, shuts down the MEGA Solar project that was supplying power to MGM in Las Vegas.

Will take two years to replace Transformer and other electrical aparatus.

Anyone else following this?
Two years? China builds an entire hospital in 10 days, granted it was a "makeshift" hospital but come on, 2 years?

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car
I read that an attack on 11 "nodes" in the power grid would essentially shut the country down. Comforting thought.
And to add to that, most large transformers are made to order with a lead time of one year minimum. And manufacutred in a foreign country.

Just before I retired I worked on a project that the transformer we installed took 18 months from time of order to recieving it on the project site.

It went from a ship to a barge, then a 30 axle trailer and truck that traveled about 5 mile per hour. Took several high HP low geared trucks to pull it all up a 3 mile grade. Wide load, so they had to temporarly close a state highway to get it to the site without getting hit by oncoming traffic. As well as the county roads that were closed.
Quite a process that took a fair amount of coordination with police, ambulance, and emergency responders being involed in case there was a need for one of there departments to access roads needed to be closed during the 40 mile parade of slow moving equipment.

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #6  
2 yrs because the transormer is probably made in China o_O And they are guessing when they could open the factories and build again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #7  
Many large transformers are made in Mexico.

Lead times have actually come down in the past 6 months.

I quoted a 26MW transformer at 18months over last summer, now they are under a year.

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #8  
2 yrs because the transormer is probably made in China o_O And they are guessing when they could open the factories and build again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think if you check it out, most of the large, custom built, non-consumable transformers and other high voltage electrical distribution equipment is not built in China.

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #9  
The 800 MW power plant I worked at ordered a new main transformer to have as a spare due to the long lead times. It was manufactured in Italy.

/ Power Plant Damage by burning car #10  
Maybe it was a terroristic attack, no telling how many lay in the waiting in this country. No telling how many walked across the Mexican border too. After all the southern border is like a screen door on a submarine.