Power shuttle/EHSS

/ Power shuttle/EHSS #11  
Here are the things I like/love about my tractor. Loader capacity, power, canopy, root grapple, cushy seat, soft rubber operator's floor, shuttle shift.

Here's things I would change if I could or had the time; increase weight to improve traction. TC55DA has more power than the R4 tire can handle. Easily spins the rear tires, even if loaded & with a box blade. I want to increase my box blade weight.

EHSS is really great and I take advantage of it because I do a lot of loader work. I don't know if the problems I've been having are localized to myself because I don't keep my tractor in a shed or if it's that I wash it every now and then. I haven't heard any other reports that are similar to mine though, regarding moisture causing the EHSS to fail.

I would get R1 tires if the aggressive won't be a problem for you. It would increase your traction which you will appreciate. I agree that you should flip the tires for a wider stance to improve the stability. A lot of weight in the loader will cause some real pucker situations if you hadn't had much experience with it.

If I had to do it all over again, I can't think of any other machine I'd rather have unless I stepped up to a non-compact size. The TC55DA is a mighty little mule!

I now have 210 hours on the proof meter.

/ Power shuttle/EHSS #12  
One more thing, I saw a posting about someone with a TC48
DA who also noticed the steering issue. I can notice this with just my root grapple installed (710 lb.). The wider R4 tires might be accentuating the effect. Someone else has a backhoe on their tractor and see no problems. A backhoe though is quite a lot of rear ballast.

/ Power shuttle/EHSS #13  
No problem on the Questions. just make sure your in the right range for loader work it will stall fast in the wrong range as it should . I got the Tractor because a friend of mine used to own a NH Franchise and a few friends worked their he was going to sell out “he did “ I wanted a new one to avoid dealing with a new Dealer and get it a low price I got one thanks to the friends Mike & Rick . But then I had to deal with NH corp. and that’s no fun they have never made me happy. The tractor I love it its got all the horsepower I need and like you looking ahead when I got this one I wanted to make sure its was the right one. the last one for at least 10 years I had stepped up from a small Boliens models to a 1220 to then 1630 in 5 years “ my wife calls it my never ending payment “ enough on that lol I just pick up a couple old IH bailers going to do a little light bailing still waiting for a deal on a small round bailer to pop up lol. So I can’t tell you how it bails but in a few weeks I might have a better idea. It brush hog tills runs a post hole digger yoke rake box blade and runs a 72’finish mower like it’s a not even on it and saw rig & wood splitter like a champ. It is heavy so it’s not as lawn friendly as my 1630 was it does have a lot of lift power id say around 3600 pounds the EHSS work fine took me awhile to stop trying to use the hydro pedal that was not even on it but now its just fine I do all my own services on it’s friendly that way. The only problem I have had with it is with the loader and steering and if you look in to that you’ll see my posts I have tweaked it a little and have adjusted to it for the most part still wont let any one else use it around the animals had a chance to trade out of it to a TC45 and passed do to the differences and dollars and cents did not make me all that happy the only thing I would have done different is get a round bale spear right off the bat with a blank plate make all the difference loading and unloading the forks and made like a 20% improvement in the steering problem with a round bale don’t even know if you use round bale but if you do get a good spear wielded to a blank plate for the quick attach and save a lot on frustrations of try to steer at low speed sorry to rattle on any other ? Just ask
Thanks Darrell

/ Power shuttle/EHSS
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I still love my tractor though. Any particular reason you're not considering the TC48DA or the DX48? )</font>

I want to do a lot of FEl work and the F/R with no clutch seems like a really nice feature. I do not want ot get clutch leg. Also, I may do some hay work in the future and I have been told that tractor weight (4k min) is very important for doing hay work. A light tractor gets jerked around too much when pulling a small baler.

Does this make sense????
Bob