Power Steering control unit -DK 35

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35 #11  
Just received an Email back from Eaton Japan and stated that they could not help me and i would have to work with the manufacture to solve any issues. So i am back to square one. $1600 for a power steering motor from Koiti. Not sure the tractors worth that.

Anyone have any recommendations on a reasonable and honest hydraulic shop. The reviews on the shops in my area are not good especially if you are not a normal customer.
Thank in advance.

I gave the EATON Japan email a try as well. I was told "Please contact to the machine manufacture's aftermarket support. Actually the steering valve is too old an already obsolete. We do not have any kind of rebuild kit."

Worth a try. At this point ptsg's recommendation, I think, is the best next route to go. Take the motor apart, measure up the seals and purchased them that way. If that doesn't work, a retrofit of a similar motor could also work out fine, seeing as how a motor like this would typically be about $200.

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35
XCGREEN - i am open to a retrofit but can't find the technical specs of the current pump that i could match to a retro fit. Any idea of how to match.

PTSG, i have tried to source a good local hydraulic shop, most of the local shops get really poor ratings especially for a non-business customer. I am an engineer by training and am willing to pull the pump apart as it looks pretty straight forward from what i have seen on youtube. Any idea where i could source the seals. thanks

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35 #14  
XCGREEN - i am open to a retrofit but can't find the technical specs of the current pump that i could match to a retro fit. Any idea of how to match.

Dadannyboy, I can offer up this page. This is the same system the newer dk35, 40, 45, 50se tractors use. I would imagine its very similar to what you have in the older dk tracor. This should definitely get you in the ballpark on flow rates and pressures.

Steering pump.JPG

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35 #15  
PTSG, i have tried to source a good local hydraulic shop, most of the local shops get really poor ratings especially for a non-business customer. I am an engineer by training and am willing to pull the pump apart as it looks pretty straight forward from what i have seen on youtube. Any idea where i could source the seals. thanks
How did you go with this, I have a 2003 service manual/parts manual in pdf for it if you want it, I source seals from the internet, ebay etc, or online hydraulic shops
Unfortunately the parts list file doesn't go into a breakdown of the guts of the steering controller, so it appears Kioti don't sell the individual seals etc.
Steering flow is 4.7 gpm from the specs

Update. I ended up going to several hydraulic shops to try to obtain the parts to rebuild the unit with no luck. I finally found a local shop that had dealt foreign tractor parts. He ended up rebuilding it for $400 which included a year warranty. Works great so far.

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35 #17  
Update. I ended up going to several hydraulic shops to try to obtain the parts to rebuild the unit with no luck. I finally found a local shop that had dealt foreign tractor parts. He ended up rebuilding it for $400 which included a year warranty. Works great so far.

Not too bad at all considering. Good to know the parts are available somewhere. Any chance of getting the part numbers the shop used? Would be very useful.

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35 #18  
Hey Folks, I have a 2002 DK-35 and started experiencing hydraulic fluid leaking down the steering column. I pulled the column and it appears that the fluid is coming from around the gears of the steering control unit. I have been searching the forums for a rebuilt kit for the steering unit as I can't afford $1500 that a replacement would cost from a dealer. I have emailed several hydraulic shops and they are giving me estimates of $500 to rebuild and $750 plus to replace.

Has anybody rebuilt the power steering control unit and can provide the rebuild parts info or has anyone replaced the pump with something similar. I know enough about hydraulics to know that I can't throw any old pump on to replace.

The pump has a tag that states - Sumitomo, Eaton - Orbitrol power steering pump(model RW051B120R6A) off a 2002 Kioti DK 35.
Thanks Dan
I am having the exact same problem now were you able to solve the issue? My name is mark

/ Power Steering control unit -DK 35 #19  
I am dealing with the same issue now in 2024. Can you help me as far as who you used to rebuild? Thank you very much. I have the same Tractor or Marklashway@gmail.com.