Power Steering Fix Promised!

/ Power Steering Fix Promised! #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
The Kubota rep called me today and said Kubota has a fix for my problem, a problem that Kubota previously would not acknowledge. He says it has something to do with cavitation (where have I heard that before?) of the hydraulic fluid. Something about the tubes that take up the fluid and return it. Anyway the parts are headed to my dealer and on some date the rep will visit the dealer and they will make the retrofit to my tractor.

I hope like heck this fixes the problem. Thanks to the others on this board who have complained along with me. There is power in numbers.

Alan L., TX

/ Power Steering Fix Promised! #2  
Alan
Good news./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I have a fix on mine but not the latest. I would be interested what parts they are going to put on your tractor.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Power Steering Fix Promised! #3  
I have the two inline strainers (filters) on my 2700. What do you have Alan? Ron apparently only has one filter on his and the 'solution" so far is to stop up part of the filter if I read correctly.

Thanks,

greg

/ Power Steering Fix Promised! #4  
I am backwards. Ron has the same setup as mine. Alan's is the different one. So Ron, which holes (how much) of the filter is now "blocked" ? :~>

greg

/ Power Steering Fix Promised!
I only have the one filter. He didn't mentioned adding one, but we'll see.

Alan L., TX

/ Power Steering Fix Promised! #6  
Greg
There are 2 sets of holes. One set is 3 holes drilled together. The other is 2 holes drilled together. The 2 holes are the ones that have been blocked. I have not seen them. Just going on what my dealer said. He has known about this modification since late August. But was waiting for <font color=orange>Kubota </font color=orange>to tell to do it.
<font color=red>I wouldn't do this modification unless your tractor is experiencing problems with steering, hydraulics or HST. Then only if it is out of warranty.</font color=red>
I don't think any of the tractors with 2 filters are out of warranty. I not sure this is the fix. But it has been done on at least one other tractor that had no other problems with steering afterwards.
I don't think Alan or I will know if our problems are solved until next summer./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Power Steering Fix Promised!
Ron - You being from Michigan are probably one of the other tractors the rep referred to, as he said one was in Michigan and that the retrofit had already been done. If so, you might be responsible for me getting mine fixed. If it works, I really appreciate it.

I hope the "fix" does not have other negative effects to the tractor.

I have to say my power steering even gave some trouble last Saturday, when the high was only 79. It wasn't real bad, but noticeable especially when I put it in high to go fast. Of course it gets MUCH worse when its hot.

Alan L., TX

/ Power Steering Fix Promised! #8  
Alan
I hope all of us on TBN had something to do with getting this problems solved. I printed out the complete thread, Power Steering Problem Not Solved. Gave it to my dealer. He faxed all 28 pages to <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange>. Every time I have talked to <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> your tractor has been mentioned.

There are 2 fixes for your tractor. One is to add a second return line to the power steering. But may not be needed. The second one that was done on my tractor cannot be done on your tractor without replacing the transmission case. The plugged holes on my tractor are only for tractors with hydraulic filter on right side. I'm sure there is a different fix for tractors with suction line screens. I'm looking forward to hearing what is done to your tractor.

I have noticed since my tractor was repaired, every system that uses transmission oil works better./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif My tractor just before repairs last week had problems with power steering at low and high RPM's, FEL would not run smooth and had no lifting power at low RPM's. HST did not seem right, but cannot say what this is except it operates smoother now.

Hope you see the same results when you get yours back./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif