Power steering Ford 545

/ Power steering Ford 545 #1  

Circle S

Tractor
Ford 545
I have rebuilt power steering pump and steering column and still will not turn what what could be my problem?
I have not put a pressure gauge on it yet. Ford 545

/ Power steering Ford 545 #2  
Welcome to TBN.

Hard to diagnose without knowing pressure. Is oil circulating (is the gear engaged on the shaft)?
Pressure relief adjusted too low/stuck?
Rebuilding meaning installing a seal kit, but how much wear on the pump was there or why did you reseal? Was it working before?

/ Power steering Ford 545 #3  
I have rebuilt power steering pump and steering column and still will not turn what what could be my problem?
I have not put a pressure gauge on it yet. Ford 545
you've cycled it long enough to get all the air out of the system? And kept it topped up while doing it?

/ Power steering Ford 545
I have replaced the power steering pump bleed all the lines. The pressure is 1100. I'm at a loss.

/ Power steering Ford 545 #5  
Even after rebuilding the power steering pump and column, if the steering won't turn, it could indicate a lack of hydraulic pressure. Check with a pressure gauge for accurate diagnosis.

/ Power steering Ford 545 #6  
I have replaced the power steering pump bleed all the lines. The pressure is 1100. I'm at a loss.
It is an early 545; 78-85? How did you check the pressure on the pump, by dead heading it?
I'm pretty sure, I'll check on this, that the pressure on the pump is supposed to be about 2100 psi and would explain that if your pressure reading is on the pump itself, your pump either is worn out or the relief in the pump is stuck or needs adjusting.