Power Take Off operation

/ Power Take Off operation #1  

HowMac

Tractor
ISEKI TE4370
I'm new to operating a tractor and can't get the PTO to operate the slasher. The operation manual does not explain the PTO operating procedure. Any suggestions?

/ Power Take Off operation #2  
There should be a lever for the PTO. This is where you select between 540, Neutral, and maybe another one or two more PTO speeds. Let's stay in 540 for now.

You'll need to press the clutch, select the PTO gear and release the clutch. This should get the PTO working.

If you still can't get it to work, try upload some pictures of the controls on your tractor, so we can help you. I tried to look online but there is very little info about that model.

/ Power Take Off operation #3  
Ok, found some video showing the controls.

The PTO gear selection lever is right by your left heel. Up is 540, middle is Neutral and bottom is 1000.

1706954387950.png

Then, there is a small lever by the steering wheel, on the left. This is what I believe turns the PTO ON or OFF. You put the PTO in 540 and then move this lever and see if it turns on.

1706954504616.png

/ Power Take Off operation #4  
It helps to tell what model you have.

/ Power Take Off operation #6  
My tractor has three operations to make the PTO work.
Three speed PTO 540 - N - 750 - N -1,000.
If I kick it into neutral getting into or out of the tractor, it won't work.
Then I have to select Auto - Off - Manual.
Then I have to push the start/engage button.

/ Power Take Off operation #7  
Be careful, not all attachments are rated to run at 750 or 1000. At least here in the US.

/ Power Take Off operation #8  
I figured out what engine speed to run my tractor at for all three gears. I.E, engine at 1200 rpm, pto speed at 1,000 equals 540 shaft speed. Now the problem is, the new diesels don't like to run at low rpm.