power trac 1850 control issues

/ power trac 1850 control issues #11  
WOW. Completely different than Either Ken or My 1850, but I think JJ's 1430 has some similarity.

Evertthing so far makes sense, except for the lever on the center column. JJ, any ideas?

So you have got it running? engine turns over? And then you take the brake off (this would be the handle on the left side in front of your knee, it is the brake as well as the brake release). so that you know, there is no braking on a PT, for the most part they hold position on hills pretty well when running, but of course you need them with the engine off.

I am pretty sure you have a cable drive for the wheels, which means the foot pedals use a cable run to the hydraulics on the engine that either push fluid forward or reverse. Newer models use hydrualic lines to provide that control.

Does your PT steer? Does the arms move up and down?

My PT has 3 different hydraulic pumps. One drives the wheels only. One drives the steering, lift tilt dump, tilt seat, and float (maybe brakes, never checked that). The last pump is purely the PTO pump. Hopefully this info will help you start to suss out the drive train issue.

/ power trac 1850 control issues
thanks for the reply so know i know that levers the brake . Engine runs < needs a new fuel solenoid will work on it this weekend . Steers well .
front controls move up and down seat tilts when it wants ::. any idea lever near nee is? I am sure i will figure it out in time . Sure would be nice to have a manual . what i have is parts manual
for a few selected parts , thanks again for help Hope to get it squared out to plow this winter , But time goes fast kevin carty

/ power trac 1850 control issues #13  
Welcome Kevin.. The lever by your knee on the right side would be used as the control for the quick attach plate on the newer machines but on yours (probably is a 3 point attachment method like mine) it is used to angle the snow blade ,etc. The hydraulic cylinder for the seat probably needs the air bled out of it or at least that was the trouble with mine . I have a 1996 1845 pt which is very much the same as yours.

Attachments

• various 013.jpg
    various 013.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 220
  • pt 1845 005.jpg
    pt 1845 005.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 247
   / power trac 1850 control issues #14  
If that lever moves the third spool on the valve, it is called aux lever on my 1445 and is for whatever you want it to be.

That is probably an Isuzu truck engine, and is water cooled using a radiator.

The engine on my 1445 is a Ford 4 cyl industrial engine, and water cooled.

If you don't have a solenoid switch for the PTO, then the lever lower down, might be the hyd variable speed control for the PTO.