Power Trac Broom Attachment

/ Power Trac Broom Attachment #1  

ernemats

Veteran Member
Tractor
power trac 422, and agco-allis 5660, john deere 550 dozer ,1845 power trac
Does anyone have the power brush for their power trac and if so how often do you use it and does it work good?

/ Power Trac Broom Attachment #2  
FWIW: I have a third party sweeper that I bought for a clean up project, and have used it about four times. Great for the clean up project, but I really don't need it for routine use. It sweeps great, but around here that means tons of dust, so it is best used on windy days. I thought that I might use it for some odd jobs like pea gravel clean up in our horse arena, but it wasn't the right tool for the job.

My broom tilts right/left which is great for moving debris off a roadway, but best suited to pavement, and requires constant adjustment for curves and changes in slope. The PT's version is just point and go, which is simpler, but not what I needed.

I got mine at auction for about 1/3rd of PTs, but a lot of that is shipping, given how far I am from the factory.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power Trac Broom Attachment
I was interested in in mainly for removing light snow 2 inches or less from the driveway and in the spring removing gravel from the grass along the driveway. I have a turf tek broom it works ok but it is getting too much for me as it is a walk behind with 48 inch broom . It would have been ok for me 40 years ago but not now. Will be 80 in 2 weeks plus hip replacement , don't think I will be able to handle it.

/ Power Trac Broom Attachment #5  
My only concern with the PT version would be getting enough angle to the driveway to sweep the snow off, rather than along the driveway.

Other than hand raking, I have never tried to get gravel out of grass, so I am no help there. Sorry.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
With the Turf Tex walk behind broom I have it does a pretty good job of getting the gravel out of the grass you also get lots of dead grass

Sold the turf teq broom . We have had 2 snows recently only about 2-3 inches each time . Put the snow plow on the pt 422 and removed the snow but a broom would have probably got more snow off as it was light fluffy snow.

/ Power Trac Broom Attachment #8  
Does anyone have the power brush for their power trac and if so how often do you use it and does it work good?
I bought this 43” sweeper from an auction sale. I had to modify it a bit to be able to attache it to “Artie” my PT-425. I also offset the attachment point so that one side was more covered. This is great for clearing the wet slippery needles and leaves on our steep driveway. Also the occasional light snow we get here in the PNW. And most recently, clears the mess from an ice storm. While I couldn’t justify the over 4 grand it would have cost to get the PT sweeper (purchased and delivered), I ended up paying just under $1,800 to buy and modify this sweeper. And it was close enough for me to drive to and pick up.
IMG_6710.jpeg
IMG_6709.jpeg

/ Power Trac Broom Attachment #9  
I like the offset idea! Very... um... creative!

All the best, Peter