Power Trac Future

/ Power Trac Future
Earlier it was suggested to hire out the plowing or perhaps renting a tractor to do the plowing.

Just put the book "Square Foot Gardening" on hold at the library. Thanks for the suggestions.

/ Power Trac Future #12  
Last month (June 2011) I bought a PT-425 with tons (literally) of attachments to save on shipping (private carrier to the door, $2200 to mid-vermont) and found the PowerTrac people to be very responsive by phone, fax, and email.

While they were waiting for my check to arrive they immediatly set aside the tractor and all the attachments (two mowers, snowblade, snowblower, forks, LMB, 4+1 bucket, utility grapple). Everything was in stock! The same day they got my check (Friday) the contracted driver hit the road and on Sunday morning he was in my driveway unloading the gear. The shipment was perfect to the bolt, all tightly banded to three pallets and securely anchored to the back of the tilt bed truck. The driver was superb, knows and vouches for the Powertrac owner (and his daughter who took my order) and couldn't say enough good things about their products (he delivers their mining equipment as well).

I have 18 hours on it so far and it has exceeded my expectations in all respects (mostly brush and finish mowing time). Previously I sold my 2001 New Holland TC-40D and attachments, which just about covered my Powertrac purchase price including the shipping. I am very happy to now have a nible, stable, versatile, easy-to-swap attachment carrier, and surprisingly powerful little tractor that I can drive over the lawn. All the things I couldn't do with the larger tractor. I am a homeowner with 15 hilly acres, not a farmer or lumberjack. (I did do quite a bit of logging and land clearing with my NewHolland at my old place so the NH made sense there).

So Powertrac the company is alive and well. I am not concerned at all about not having a local dealer, in fact feel better because now there are many places where I can have the various pieces of the thing fixed.

By the way, the utility grapple (a new attachment) was a last-minute decision and wow, it is fantastic. The wind took down a huge 4-trunk box maple right before I finalized my order. You couldn't believe how fast this little tractor with grapple moved all the piles of branches a hundred yards down to my brush pile and carry all the wood across the street to the neighbor who was most eager for free wood. Not a scuff mark on his finely groomed gravel driveway!

Last edited:
   / Power Trac Future
Can't see from photos but was wondering if the rear is just a clevis hitch mount or does the PT-425 come with a 1 1/4" receiver like an ATV? I know that there is a 2" optional ball mount for the front but just wondering how versatile the rear is.

/ Power Trac Future #14  
Can't see from photos but was wondering if the rear is just a clevis hitch mount or does the PT-425 come with a 1 1/4" receiver like an ATV? I know that there is a 2" optional ball mount for the front but just wondering how versatile the rear is.

Its just a typical garden tractor hitch. However, lots of folks here have welded on a 2" hitch.

/ Power Trac Future #15  
Its just a typical garden tractor hitch. However, lots of folks here have welded on a 2" hitch.

I'm still toying with that option. It would be helpful for me to use a 2" drop hitch on the back as my garden tractor attachments are a little too low for the factory PT425 pin hitch.

/ Power Trac Future
I'm surprised that a 2" hitch is not standard on the rear to add to the versatility.

/ Power Trac Future #17  
I'm surprised that a 2" hitch is not standard on the rear to add to the versatility.

I just recalled a forum post that suggested that PT will weld-on tie-downs if requested at time of purchase. It would be easy for them also to swap the standard hitch with a receiver. It doesn't hurt to ask.

/ Power Trac Future
I noticed a few of you use the '29" utility grapple' which according to the price list is T3424. Unfortunately, when I try to correlate either of these to the attachments, T8 Attachments, I can only find a 45" grapple bucket. Unfortunately there are no model numbers associated with the product descriptions for the attachments. Sorry but the lack of these basics infuriates a marketer.

Can anyone tell me where I might see a picture please?

/ Power Trac Future #19  
I noticed a few of you use the '29" utility grapple' which according to the price list is T3424. Unfortunately, when I try to correlate either of these to the attachments, T8 Attachments, I can only find a 45" grapple bucket. Unfortunately there are no model numbers associated with the product descriptions for the attachments. Sorry but the lack of these basics infuriates a marketer.

Can anyone tell me where I might see a picture please?

Look under New Attachments link in the middle of the PT webpage:

NEW

The Utility Grapple is the most useful attachment I use during non-winter months. In addition to carrying brush piles it can grab just about anything you can think of. Much more useful than a grapple bucket.

/ Power Trac Future #20  
We've been looking for a tractor and looking at various types when I came across Power Trac which seemed to be an ideal solution for us, with some great reviews. Accordingly, I sent in a request for information regarding owners, or perhaps rental companies here, in the Pacific Northwest...

Hi there, welcome to our forum. Where are you located? I have a PT425 and you are welcome to come and check it out and even play.

To answer your question, PT has nonexistent marketing, at least to us homeowner types. I purchased my PT based on Mossroad's website, I kid you not. I bought mine back in the 2003 era. It's been better than anything else I have tried or looked at. I used to have a Deere 318, which was probably the best garden tractor Deere ever made, in my humble opinion, and this is worlds and worlds better. My neighbor has an X4xx series Deere, and I need to come help him out on numerous occasions, because the PT is so much more capable, has a front loader bucket, etc.

Although the initial expense is rather steep (especially with how prices have gone up over the last 10 years) I would not trade this thing out for anything else. Not even a brand new Deere of any description. The PT is just so much more versatile, powerful, nimble, and adaptable.

Sincerely,

Rob :)