Power Trac Posthole Auger

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger #11  
Does the Power Trac Post hole implement use std. size augers. I already have some augers that I would like to use with the PT425 (If I get one). TX.

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger #12  
well charlie, we are no longer looking back either. yesterday the auger an a nine inch drill arrived ... sorry kubota and danhuser auger with 500 lbs down pressure piston, you have become my back-up system.
like you, i love to look forward when drilling, aiming and can't wait for the release of a fencepost ponder for the pt425, which should become available in about three month.

or i just could find some cash some where and buy an 1800 series machine ...but i don't know where i lost the cash .....hii, hii!

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger #13  
Bubenberg, does the PT post hole digger accept "standard size" augers. I already have some augers and am curious to know if they would fit on a PT post hole digger.

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger
Marrt:
Your question to Hans reminded me that you had asked the same of me and I forgot to respond. I don't know whether the auger shafts for the 400 series and mine on the 1845 are the same. They are merely round, with a 1/2 inch shear bolt hole on mine. I recommend you call Power Trac 1-800-THE YARD (843-9273) and ask the inside diameters of their various auger heads. They are really helpful on the phone. I would guess that if your augers have a shaft that isn't too big for the auger head, a bushing would be easy even if the original fit isn't perfect.

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger #15  
i don't know this answer, but , unless someone else answers, i hope to get back to you by this weekend. my machine is at a working site, with the grappler bucket, and the auger at the yard, and i am at home. all three things, me, the augers, ant the pt425 will be together sunday morning. i will take the measurements, and send you another e-mail.

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger
Marrt:
The augers for the Power Trac 1845 are sleeved to 2 7/8" OD, which goes in the 3" ID of the power head. The 1/2" shear bolt is 3" from the end.
How does that compare to your augers?
I don't know if the 425 augers are the same.

/ Power Trac Posthole Auger #17  
Charlie, thanks for the info. I will check tomorrow and post the results. I can already guess there may be a problem. On PHD’s I have seen at TSC and borrowed from my neighbor, the auger actually fit’s over the power unit’s connection point. So, the power unit is the male connection, and the auger is the female connection. Sounds like it’s reversed on the PT. This makes sense if PT designed a proprietary implement.