Power Trac PT425

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Power Trac PT425 #491  
Re: Power Trac Mowing Performance

I like that word "technique-ically" Yup ... thats a very good possibility. I would tend to believe it is me based upon my lack of experience, but other than the front hill being slightly steeper than the rear, i don't know what i could doing different. I would much rather it be me then the tractor!!!

/ Power Trac PT425 #492  

<font color=green>But even if i hit resistance during forward motion ... why don't the loader arms travel upwards in reaction to the resistance???</font color=green>

Reds, since the rise on forward "float dragging" seems to be common if not universal to FELs it must be a geometry related force/reaction sort of effect. May I suggest you put a bucket on, put it in float and push slowly into a pile of dirt or against some immovable object and watch it happen. Watching it rise might give you some insight into what's happening with the mower too.

/ Power Trac PT425

<font color=blue>I also noticed that the front half of the tractor seems to be sliding sideways (dowhill) as i move across the hill. I'm not sure why. </font color=blue>

That is an interesting comment. I've noticed that on sideslopes where I lose traction due to snow or wet grass, the machine tends to want to crab across the hill, with the front wheels pointed slightly up hill and the rears silghtly downhill. The more I want to correct it by steering uphill, since the unit articulates in the middle, actually agravates the situation.

Just how steep is this slope? Here's a handy diagram to help figure it out.

Attachments

• 19-137674-PercentGrade.jpg
    19-137674-PercentGrade.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 155
   / Power Trac PT425 #494  
[Thread closed from further posts]

Status
Not open for further replies.