Power-trac truck

/ Power-trac truck
I wonder if someone borrows it someday and discovers that the missing roof and sidewalls provided part of the bed's strength.

You're welcome,

Debbie Downer

Monocoque - Wikipedia

Understandable comment Deb. ;-)

Fortunately, the box is just weight and cover in the uhaul design.

/ Power-trac truck
You do the most creative things. Thanks for sharing!

I know that bridge in Durham! Did you know it has its’ own website and webcams? and it still eats trucks despite being lifted...

On an unrelated note, have you seen Hedblom, over on YouTube? The guys to be able to frost a cake with his Engcon tiltrotator.

Back to the cool UHaul PowerTrac limo...

All the best, Peter

Thx Peter! Unless that was a 'bless your heart, you do the most creative things ' ;-)

I've snagged a couple of helac tilts off ebay cheap and will be working them into my backhoe and a mulcher / trail planer that's forthcoming.

They raised that bridge a few inches... Not enough inches.

I'll check out the hedblom character.

/ Power-trac truck
That's a crazy looking rig, but ultimately, very efficient. My pickup and trailer has a smaller bed length, lower weight capacity and is probably long in total length.

Super efficient and even at its length it is pretty easy to maneuver bc uhaul spec'd better turning radius into rig for their fleet, which makes a lot of sense since they'll give the keys to anyone!

I'm rated and tagged to load the deck w two machines and a few attachments or a machine and a lot of attachments....plus a trailer w my little dozer on it when necessary.

/ Power-trac truck #14  
How about some details on the green (425) tractor? Is the 3pt hitch the only reason for the side opening engine compartment with fan? Does the 3pt hitch move vertically at the mounting? The extra hydraulic valve is power beyond the original hyd valve? How do you like the seat up higher? Why is the sky blue?

Cool looking setup!

/ Power-trac truck
Ah, the pt425d competes in the Supermodified division!

Thank you!

The green 425 on the truck was originally a 25hp Subaru. 300 hours later, when that died, I went to a Kubota 25hp engine. Absolutely no regret.

The Kubota required a bigger battery, a little length in the tub and weighed more and at the time, the heavy steel cover was killing my back.

So off the cover went, we made a steel frame with a thick aluminum skin, exhaust and fuel tank went up on top. For heat, space and the cage on the fuel tank keeps me from getting whacked.

I work on trail and farm projects and running the power rake, mower etc in the dead of summer was more heat than the oil cooler could clear especially w the radiator on the Kubota now drawing air in.

Side access to the engine compartment made the most sense so hinged wings went on and the fan got the switch the lights used to have.

I'm tall. Had back pain and found the original seat a bit miserable. Swapping to a basic suspension seat improved the ride, positioned me better... But made the canopy too close to me.

The canopy is now on the 42x (unknown) machine I have. Installed a bit higher and tipping slightly forward.

3pt. The rear of the 425 having been cut out needed to be closed up and protection added (structure and filtration) for the radiator. I found the balance (higher CoG) of the diesel called for some ballast. I wanted useful ballast. Found a Redland Hill hitch which is very robust and compact, near vertical lift arc, perfect. So the hitch, stowed, ballasts and protects the rear & radiator while adding a couple of inches length. In use it can carry any cat 1 or 0 tool. Generally I use basics, like a subsoiler, harrow etc to work behind a pt front implement. I also have a modded Dr chipper and 3pt DR string fence trimmer that can run from the hyd pto. And a rack of hyd hand tools (pole, chain, brush cutter) w 50' of hose (thanks craigslist!)

In the pic, subsoiler is on the PT. Great for stubborn roots, rocks, saplings that dodge implements or draining backed up water. I don't do crop work, beyond food plot scale, this salamander doesn't make for neat rows! That's what the tractor is for.

Since I was adding a cylinder circuit for the 3pt I figured I'd add 2 spools and have separate permanent grapple/qa valves. The 2spool valve is first in the circuit sending power beyond to the original pt lift/attach valve.

In the end, my super modified pt425d is exactly the tool I needed, I pass up a compact 4wd backhoe and small track loader for it on most jobs.

I'll stick some more pics in this post MR might make this it's own thread...

/ Power-trac truck #16  
Love to hear the details. The top of my list of things to do is the control valve. Nice to not have to keep disconnecting the quick attach cylinder and you can always use more hydraulic circuits.

/ Power-trac truck
I have to take the original valve off soon to do seals. I'll try to document that and original vs modified setups.

/ Power-trac truck #18  
Did I mention that I think you do really creative things? :thumbsup::thumbsup: (and yes, that was meant to be a straightforward compliment.)

I would love to see some work videos, if you ever have the time/inclination.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power-trac truck
Here's another combination on the 'aircraft carrier'. The 1850 w 66" HD flail mower weighs in just under 5k,the terex pt30 w 2 attachments. Just over 4k.

20200524_114312.jpg