power trac

/ power trac #1  

jakeman

Tractor
Power King
I currently own 4+ acres of heavily wooded, somewhat hilly land in Ohio. I have very little grass to cut. I need to move snow from a 600' asphalt drive, haul firewood, move some dirt and do other odd jobs on my property. Does the Power trac 400 or 425 make sense in my situation? What about repair work-I am not the most gifted mechanic. Thanks for the help

/ power trac #2  
YES, with hilly land you will like how it keeps you on the ground, as for clearing snow you can use, blade (which has gauge wheels), blower, and bucket). I think it should meet your needs.
As for Mechanic do you have a local dealer that services Kohler motors. You will find they are build like tanks and they are easy to work on.
KCook

/ power trac #3  
Re: power trac 425

in order not to move too many machines around, we only take the pt425 and a commercial size jd snow blower with us to do a strip mall in philadelphia, pa. during the last snow, we were finished about the same time as the pick-up truck/snowplow combination who was cleaning a similar stripmall across the street. one difference was our snow piles were out of the way, because we used our 10cu bucket, to push and move the snow.

from talking to some people that use the pt snowblower, they swear by it and wan't use any other device to move snow.

one guy told me that he moves snow with the rotary brush (up to 6 inches of snow) without any problems.

/ power trac #4  

You mention you use the PT425 and the JD snowblower on jobs to remove snow. Are you using a blade on the 425?
What are you thoughts regarding a snow blower for the 425, will it blow the wet heavy snow?
PJ

/ power trac #5  

as indicated before, i just use the largest bucket to push and to pile up the snow. no i don't own the blade. your bucket in the floating position at the right angle will do the job.

i do not own a pt snow blower at this time, but the owners of pt snowblowers i pers. know, won't use anything else. you can either spread the snow over a wide area or load it directly into a dump.

were i am originally from we use very little snow plows, my stay in quebec, canada where the snow is very heavy and wet, they use alot of snowblowers commercially, so i bought for my kubota l series tractor a 64 inch pto driven snowblower and move any kind of snow even watery, wet salt filled slush

/ power trac #6  

at this time we are debating if and when we should buy a larger pt and for which pt (425 or 1845 or 1850) we should aquire a pt snowblower

/ power trac #7  
I plow a couple of paved driveways and my own 1600' gravel driveway. On pavement you can plow at an alarming rate, the plow is power angle but is mounted to the same arms the bucket is so you can realy push the piles up high. The tractor is extremly stable on hilly terrain, I would put it up against any rubber tired tractor for stability. You will probably stain your paints long before you tip this tractor. If you have read some of my post about lifting logs with the small bucket with teeth you know how good this tractor is at handling wood. I use my tractor for the same things you want to use one for except I have a couple of acres of grass to mow.
Good Luck PTRich

/ power trac #8  
I'll agree with you on the alarming rate of snow removal on smooth pavement. It gets kind of scary how fast you can get going with that thing so fast.