Power Washing Tractor

/ Power Washing Tractor #21  
Be careful with the power washer.... Bought a new Polaris ATV a few years ago... First trip out, down throught the creek, out of the creek, back in the creek. Managed to become covered with mud, sand and gravel. First thought, power wash..... Worked just fine getting the gravel out of the frame. Then managed get water into the air intake for the slip clutch belt and came to my senses when part of my 4x4 decal flew by my face... Bottom line.... use a garden hose.... Still re-grease after you wash.......

Missing a 4x...

/ Power Washing Tractor #22  
Jerry,

In my opinion, a good air compressor is the most useful tool in a shop! I use mine every single day for something, it seems.

Jeff

/ Power Washing Tractor #23  
<font color=blue>a good air compressor is the most useful tool in a shop</font color=blue>

Amen. Got to have a good air compressor. Even when we were traveling full time in an RV, I carried a 3/4hp, 2 gallon tank air compressor. Of course now I have a 6hp, 60 gallon tank compressor in the shop.

/ Power Washing Tractor #24  
a good air compressor is the most useful tool in a shop

Boy, AMEN, AMEN!!!

I'm using a 30 year old Sears compressor inherited from my Dad.
But this fall I'll be picking up a higher capacity unit. The size Bird has sounds optimal...

/ Power Washing Tractor #25  
Re: Thunder Gun?

Redfisher,

What brand is your pressure washer?

Terry

/ Power Washing Tractor #26  

<font color=blue>Redfisher,

What brand is your pressure washer?</font color=blue>

I can't remember off hand(I'll have to go out to the shed to take a look)/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Power Washing Tractor #27  
i try not to use the power washe on my tractor or cars, unless i have the nozzel in a more of a spray that a high pwered jet. most of the time i just use a regular garden hose, either way make sure the engine is cold.uses for power washer are cleaning vinyl siding, doing garage floor, and a few times a year concrete drive.DO NOT PUT HIGH PRESSURE JET ON GLASS, COULD BLOW TTHE GLASS OUT.

/ Power Washing Tractor #28  

I have a 2300 psi honda powered devilbiss pressure washer I got from sams club for $300. I use it on my car and the only damage it did was blew some paint that was already chipping off the lower back bumper. I'm just careful around chipping paint that's all. I use it on my vette with no problems, just takes a little brain power. Don't you guys have any of those do it yourself car wash places with pressure sprayers by you, seems you cant go a mile without seeing one here. I'll probably never see my pressure washer again now that my dad "borrowed" it. It's been gone 1/2 a year now. I have to visit him to wash my cars. Sheesh.....

/ Power Washing Tractor #29  

i use landa power washers that also have a burner on them for steaming. if you use the steam you don't need near as much pressure. mine runs about 1200 psi and will clean better than most high power cold water washers...tgello

/ Power Washing Tractor #30  

I got one from Northern a few years ago. Save your money. Didn't work very well at all.

The $99.00 power washer I got from walmart works for everything I need to do.