/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #21  
Per the new literature, here is the stated ground speeds
732 - 0.7/ 1.7/ 8.3mph
740 - 0.8/ 1.8/ 2.7 mph
750 - 0.6/ 1.4/ 2.1 mph

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #22  
Hey all,

Just got the poo on the powersafe clutch -

It will indeed be available in April of this year. BUT the only machine to get it is the 853 AND in limited quantities. Price increase is around $300 + or - to get it into the market, but will creep up to full price of $5-600 over a cone clutch machine if it's accepted.

BCS America is not rebadging the machines this year. Everyone on here knows that European machines are badged 600 (front attachments only) and 700 series (front and rear attachments) with NO 800 or 900 series machines. The 853 is actually the 740 around the rest of the world . The 948 is the 746 around the rest of the world. BCS is seriously considering rebadging here to match the rest of the world, but it won't be this year.

So there it is. I was wrong about it not coming here. I'm very surprised they're introducing it. I would bet that BCS Italy is pushing it on BCS America so they can stop producing the cone clutch machines. If they have to produce the cone clutch machine here and the powersafe clutch in Europe, it doubles their inventory. Corporations hate inventory.

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #23  
Is the warranty still lifetime for homeowners with the powersafe? I would imagine yes.

Any negatives to the powersafe? Is it more maintenance, can a shadetree mechanic still change out the clutch?

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #24  
HI. New Powersafe clutch are 5 years warranty. Probably you cannot burnt this clutch. Because multidisc run in oil. But You have a pump a valve a piston . A lot of oil seals . May be with time can need some repair.
Bad things! New powersafe 740 are 3+3 gears No more 4+3 as the 853. I like the road speed on my Grillo 107d . Good luck! Oldmech

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #25  
I know people here like the Grillo tractors, I just saw that they reduced their product offering (not tractors).

Are they commited to the US market? How long have they been here for?

Sorry to sound like a debbie downer, but I don't want to be left with a tractor that I can't get parts for.

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #27  
The BCS 740 and 750 PowerSafe Tractors are here and in stock. At our store the BCS 740PS sells for $255 more than the BCS 853. The hydraulic clutch on the new PowerSafe units is designed to handle the heavy starting torques of mowers with blade brakes and high inertial loads. This clutch as the 5-year warranty. It was tested to 20,000 cycles starting a heavy load at which point they stopped testing has there were no failures. The PowerSafe units have been sold in Europe for a couple years so its not so new it is likely to have early life design problems.

Operating the 740 and 750 PowerSafe is different from the standard friction clutches. The clutch is pulled in first, then the red stop lever is squeezed then the clutch is released while holding down the red lever to engage power to the wheels and attachment. The clutch lever has a lighter feel than the friction clutches on the 732 and 853 as it is actuating a valve not squeezing and releasing a strong spring.

Releasing the red handle (it a much stronger handle than the old red motor stop lever) immediately disengages the clutch stopping forward motion very quickly while keeping the engine running. The tractor stops so fast that the high speed transport speed could not be retained. Stopping from 7+ mph so quickly would likely cause the operator great pain.

The stopping of the engine is done by a switch in the left hand handle with quick flip of the lever. The switch is very close to the red lever and clutch.

The 740 and 750 are also fitted with a full parking brake also on the left hand handle. It applies the brake independently of the steering brakes. This will be great for hauling the BCS in your truck.

The 740 and 853 PowerSafe units will very likely replace the 853 and 948. The robustness of the clutch will make them the machines of choice for heavy users. The lighter effort clutch lever will be enjoyed by anyone who stops and starts a lot. Not having to restart an engine when you forget to hold down the old red motor stop lever will be plus for the more occasional user.

The 740 was on display at NOFA-NY winter conference, the Empire State Fruit and Vegetable Growers conference It will be shown at the NY State Farm Show in Syracuse. Let us know what you think. If you like it like I do consider it when you need a new two-wheel tractor. If you don't like it get your new 732 or 853 while they are still available.

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #28  
Hey John,

Really? I had it on the best authority that they were gonna call them the 853. You have them as the 740 and 750?

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #29  
Yes, I have two BCS 740s both with recoil start Honda GX390. If they called it an 853 folks would forever be getting controls mixed up. Its different but makes sense when you use it. From the European brochure I expect all of the tractors to get the hydraulic clutch. If it is considered safer than the previous models BCS and the other brands on the market I think you have to use the system. Try selling something you think is good but is "less safe" in consumers minds.

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS
Thanks so much BCSSHOP.