Buying Advice Powerstar T4.75

/ Powerstar T4.75 #21  
Wow, thanks for the info, that was very helpful!

I love the T4 cab. It's better than the previous NH's, better than the Kubota I tested and better than my neighbor's John Deere. I had never considered a cab until I sat in a T4 at the NFMS.

Makes perfect sense on the loader, I'd prefer to have mine installed at the factory vs. added in later.

The Kubota was higher than the T4. Interesting on buying down the interest rate. I was looking over a T4 invoice and a T4030 invoice. The T4 has a 3% program for cash purchase, the T4030 was much, much better. But, the T4 cab is much more comfortable and more ergonomic. Can't swing the cash purchase so it will be CNH Credit for me. Will I have to go through another credit check? I financed my TT for 32 months on a 48 month note.

The only must have option for me on the T4 is power shuttle, I'm fine with an 8 speed or 12 speed. I'd love the instructor seat. I know I can add this later. I've found the parts online, but don't know about the availability. Do you know about this? I'd like the visibility package in the roof, are you seeing this option frequently? Power shuttle a must, instructor's seat and visibility package would be a plus.

Thanks again for your valuable input to this topic and to the forum!

as the T4000 series is fazed out, we will see better rates and deals on the T4 as well as bigger cash incentives.
since you are alreaady in the CNH sytem, you will have to submit what tractor and all you buying but i am sure CNH will really like you for paying off your TT. it wont be as big a process as last time i guess you could say.

we ordered all of ours with an 8 or 12 power shuttle. price difference wasnt much and most people want that option anyway. the buddy seat is easy to obtain and to install. only takes 8 bolts at the most to mount it. i think it is like $250 to $300 through parts. the visibilty package we ordered on ours as well. i dont think that that is somehting you can add later. it woudl have to be a factory option. it woudl just come down to either what your dealer has or can get from another dealer as far as the visisbilty and tranny. the buddy seat you can add no mater what or when.

/ Powerstar T4.75
I think you're exactly right about the options. I'm going to have to find one with at least power shuttle and the visibility package (no way to add that). The instructor's seat doesn't need to be a deal breaker as I can figure that into the package and install separately.

I need to get serious this month so I need to get some concrete numbers on the T4 and the 4000 series. I need to get with my dealer on the locator and see what's out there. Will the area sales rep have an idea of what's been ordered and what' on the way?

I've gotten one orange quote but they didn't seem too interested in selling me a tractor.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #24  
I love the power shuttle.
I would like to have bought a 12x12, but hindsight is everything.
These don't have Supersteer listed. Guess that one is gone now.
ROPS to cab -- you will only miss the ROPS if you had a low door opening you went through. Even in Colorado it is nice in the summer. One thing you will really find a plus is how much less dirt you are breathing (I ran mine with the back window open & the fan on when the a/c was broken, only mowing up wind -- I was surprised how much dirt was in the cab).

Oh, the 540E optional pto -- that could be a real pleasant fuel saver and in general lower noise level when mowing.

And a second remote option isn't especially cheap, but is included as delivered (no additional labor charge).

Just helping you spend your $$$.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #25  
I think you're exactly right about the options. I'm going to have to find one with at least power shuttle and the visibility package (no way to add that). The instructor's seat doesn't need to be a deal breaker as I can figure that into the package and install separately.

I need to get serious this month so I need to get some concrete numbers on the T4 and the 4000 series. I need to get with my dealer on the locator and see what's out there. Will the area sales rep have an idea of what's been ordered and what' on the way?

I've gotten one orange quote but they didn't seem too interested in selling me a tractor.

yes the area sales rep and actually your dealer can see or know what has been ordered, by who, when it will arrive, and all that good jazz.

/ Powerstar T4.75
Thanks jdbnh! Your info had been most helpful.

At your dealership have you already moved some T4's?

At one of the dealers I visited, I was told their T4's weren't ready, their was something their tech was having to do before they could let them go. The way this dealer acted was it was something that came down from NH and was outside the normal prep involved with new inventory.

You opened my eyes on buying down to 60 months, had never thought of that.

Last edited:
   / Powerstar T4.75
I love the power shuttle.
I would like to have bought a 12x12, but hindsight is everything.
These don't have Supersteer listed. Guess that one is gone now.
ROPS to cab -- you will only miss the ROPS if you had a low door opening you went through. Even in Colorado it is nice in the summer. One thing you will really find a plus is how much less dirt you are breathing (I ran mine with the back window open & the fan on when the a/c was broken, only mowing up wind -- I was surprised how much dirt was in the cab).

Oh, the 540E optional pto -- that could be a real pleasant fuel saver and in general lower noise level when mowing.

And a second remote option isn't especially cheap, but is included as delivered (no additional labor charge).

Just helping you spend your $$$.

Thanks mojoinco. I certainly appreciate your input.

On the cab, I'm good on my door openings. I'll miss out on a few places down along the creek, but I probably shouldn't have had my ROPS down there to start with. :)

The dust, pollen, and dirt won't be missed (in your boots, pockets and nose).

I'm definitely considering the 540E, my last NH had 540 at about 1,960 rpm, a comfortable amount away from redline. I could pay for that option with fuel savings.

Nice thought on the 2nd remote. My last NH had one and that prevented me more than once from using different implements to their full capacity.

I'd like to jump on a T4000 model for the $$$ savings but would be wondering about the T4's constantly. Plus, as trivial as it may be, I really like the flat floor of the T4 over the hump in the 4000's.

I've seen with vehicles, as long as the $$$ is there or you're responsible with your monthly payments, than you'll rarely regret going all out and splurging a little bit.

I take it you are a T4 owner?

Last edited:
   / Powerstar T4.75 #28  
Sorry, I thought my tractor was listed under my user name. I guess I have never looked that close at it. I couldn't figure out how to list it under my avatar area.

I own an early TN55S. I think this is 2 generations before the T4 series. The TN series has a stepped floor (at least in the cab models). Don't know if I would like a flat floor or not. Never had one. Sure like all the 'adjust to fit me' features of this model series.

One thing I learned from reading others posts on cab models: wiring and other electrical demons are usually less, as they are better protected than a ROPS tractor. Not that will do much to fix wire eating rodents, but better for corrosion control.

There are optional filters for the cab above the standard units. Not sure what types, but you may be able to get some that really knock the particle sizes down. That and a wash down station and you'd be a lot better off for allergies (if you didn't need to get out near where you are mowing or working).

/ Powerstar T4.75 #29  
To the TBN members who are New Holland dealers, what kind of wait time can be expected for a new T4.75 ordered from the factory?

/ Powerstar T4.75 #30  
Just got qoute on one 35,900,4x4, ldr,12x12,fenders,16/9x30 tires,and buddy seat,2remotes,radio