Practical Joke

/ Practical Joke #61  
At work in a factory all the maintenance guys would take a half hour snooze on their work benches at the 4:30 AM break, me included. All lights were off but a few times I would take a Styrofoam cup of water and place it in the rafters where a friend of mine laid down which was about 30 feet away from me. Then I would tie a loop in string and put it around the cup and run the string to my sleep mat. About 10 minutes into the snooze I would pull the string which dumped the cup of water on my sleeping buddy and reeled in the string undetected. Of course he got angry but didn't know who to direct his frustrations at. Until one time I woke up and found my glasses spray painted bright red.

/ Practical Joke #62  
A couple that I recall-------------------
In a dormitory they'd dip a sleeper's finger tips (his arm had to be hanging over the bed side) into a bowl of water'
The effect would make him wet his bed.

Then came 'french beds' (top sheet folded so as to prevent entry)

Hot wire a door knob with an old model T ford coil.

The kissing game, girls would blindfold the guys and the guy was to guess who she was...... usually was 'miss salt lake city' ( wet salty rag.)

/ Practical Joke #63  
I still have my model T coil. Had a lot of fun with that. Funny that as a kid you would have no problem introducing people to electricity, but wouldn't dare it now. I threw a few paint cans in the fire on the weekend, and was called some choice names by my lady friend.

I once got sent down a hi rise tower through a muddy site over to another tower to get a BX stretcher.

/ Practical Joke #64  
A friend's father had just bought a new car when they came to visit; about 1954. While all the adults were in the house, I showed my buddy how to cut a 6 or 8 inch length of a bicycle inner tube and slip it onto the car's exhaust pipe. When the man started that car, the sound scared him enough that he promptly turned the key off.

/ Practical Joke #65  
At work, electricians made a small, 2x3x5 sheet steel box and had a couple probes sticking up to check if C or D batteries were dead or not. You place the battery in the slot with the probes and push a button on the front to check it. They always got very good jolt. I never figured out how they wired it but I thought it was genius.

/ Practical Joke #66  
I still have my model T coil. Had a lot of fun with that. Funny that as a kid you would have no problem introducing people to electricity, but wouldn't dare it now. I threw a few paint cans in the fire on the weekend, and was called some choice names by my lady friend.

I once got sent down a hi rise tower through a muddy site over to another tower to get a BX stretcher.

you should ahve asked "metric or SAE"?

/ Practical Joke #67  
The "stretcher" (sometimes AKA board stretcher)...is a variation of the old "henway" gag...

/ Practical Joke #69  
Or a hundred yards of flight line....