Praise for Dual-Axis Tiltmeter, R&B Manufacturing

/ Praise for Dual-Axis Tiltmeter, R&B Manufacturing #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
This spring, I was one of the testers for the Dual-Axis tiltmeter prototypes. By volunteering, Rick sent me a unit at to install and use with the only stipulation that I post all feedback, positive and negative, on this website. I had many positive things to say about it, but only two negatives: it was hard to read the "down slope" angle and the ball was sticking in the "side angle" indicator due to static electricity. Feedback from me and other testers is in this thread. In the ensuing time, I read on this site that these problems had been corrected in this thread and this other thread. .

Shortly afterwards, I was trying to adjust the meter after hitting a branch (without loosening the screws) and broke the mouting plate - totally my fault /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I put it in a box and sent it to Rick with a note clearly stating that I broke it, the damage was caused by me, I would like it rebuilt, and to let me know the cost of the repairs.

Within a week, I received an ENTIRE NEW UNIT complete with all the redesigned features at NO CHARGE /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The "front-back" meter now has a larger scale and is delivered unattached allowing it to be mounted in a more visible location. The "side-side" meter is now filled with a more viscous fluid and no longer sticks due to static electricity. In sum, it works perfectly with absolutely no other changes to be made!

Even more impressive than the product is the the company and the people behind it. They are quick to respond to the needs of the consumer, open to all feedback, and willing to change. Most impressively, they stood behind their product with fast, decisive action even when they shouldn't have: they replaced a prototype product GIVEN to me and broken by ME at no charge to me. If they did all this for me, I can only imagine they must be EXCELLENT to their paying customers!

Thank you R&B for tremendous products and service /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif!

Mark

/ Praise for Dual-Axis Tiltmeter, R&B Manufacturing #2  
thanks for the information. I have been looking at purchasing one, but was also waiting for some feedback from others. Having turned over my loader/backhoe, I know the feeling all too well when something goes wrong. That tractor didn't have a ROPS, and one of the only things that saved me was that the hoe was pinned in the upright folded position. I felt it starting to go over and instinctively realized that there was nothing that I could do to stop it. I started to stand up to jump off, and as the tractor went over, it threw me off and away from it. Today as I was using my new BX22 my neighbor that was with me that day, reminded me how lucky that I was to be able to walk away from that accident with only some bruises, scratches, and a very sore back. Now I avoid any inclines and at times have white knuckles if there is not other way to get to where I need to be.... Once again, thanks for the update.
The picture is of Big Mo.... a Minneopolous Moline Big Mo 500 series tractor, loader, backhoe. My wife called it the "widow maker" after the accident!
The Junkman

Attachments

• 325427-mvc-001f.jpg
    325427-mvc-001f.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 266
   / Praise for Dual-Axis Tiltmeter, R&B Manufacturing
A backhoe for a ROPS....hmmm....I wonder if the wife could be sold on the idea that a $5000 backhoe would enhance the safety of my tractor.....

But seriously, I'm glad you were able to walk away as well. A tiltmeter won't keep you upright, but it will give you the information allowing you to make safe decisions. My personal limit driving sideways is 15 degrees and that is if I am creeping in 4WD with everything below the axles. Any more than that and I taste the bitterness of adrenaline in my mouth. Since I now know my limit, the second axis lets me know what the angle is BEFORE I turn on to it.

Like a ROPS, I would like to see tiltmeters standard on tractors, especially compacts since many are used by novices.

Mark

/ Praise for Dual-Axis Tiltmeter, R&B Manufacturing #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A backhoe for a ROPS....hmmm....I wonder if the wife could be sold on the idea that a $5000 backhoe would enhance the safety of my tractor..... )</font>

First mistake of married life is to allow the wife any decision making power over any tractor purchases..... just tell her that it is on loan from the manufacturer for testing purposes!! Of course she won't believe you, but will smile and walk away shaking her head....... works sometimes...... well almost