pressure washer problems

/ pressure washer problems #61  
I have a new pressure washer with a Honda engine. I have not put it in service yet. What steps should I take for maintenance. I will not be using it frequently and want to be sure it will work properly every time I have to use it. I know what the manual says but I want to know what really works.

Vernon

/ pressure washer problems #62  
If it will be stored for any length of time, I would add a gas stabilizer to the fuel tank. If it freezes in your area, drain all the water out of pump, hoses, and gun. The pump uses non-detergent oil if you have to add some. Keep the oil level in the middle of the site glass. Pull the trigger on the gun before stating. Reduce engine rpms to idle to let the engine cool before shut down. Shut off the gas when finished, and let run until it quits. Do not let it run in bypass made for a long period. Chemical injection should be done downstream. There is a pressure gage that you can leave plugged in to let you know how the system is doing. A variable knob injector is recommended for chemicals.

Is the pressure washer for personal use of commercial. There are some good accessories that you can use to make the job easier.