Pressure Washer Use in Winter

/ Pressure Washer Use in Winter #11  
other than the washer line itself & wand, the only vulnerable pressure washer part in freezing weather is the pump & housing (like a washing machine, dishwasher, or portable water pump)
once you successfully purge your pump w/low pressure compressed air & treat with something like pump saver , you're covered. then cover w/old bedding & a temp gauge close by if you feel more comfortable

a box or heating device is like a band aid. go directly to the core of the potential problem & solve imho

/ Pressure Washer Use in Winter #12  
I blow mine out with low pressure compressed air. RV dealers and Walmart sell the adapter, and it takes only a few minutes.
I have also in the past used a low wattage pipe wrap heater. I loosely wrap it a few times around the pump, and the thermostat controls the rest.

/ Pressure Washer Use in Winter #13  
Maybe I misunderstood the OP. I thought he wanted to use his washer occasionally through the winter. If that’s the case, then winterizing it weekly would be a pain compared to keeping it ready for use.

/ Pressure Washer Use in Winter #14  
Box made from foil faced fiberglass insulation used for domestic heating ducts. Then a very low wattage heater of any type.

/ Pressure Washer Use in Winter #15  
If you're looking for simple heat for a box get a 25 watt incandescent bulb. You can even put it on a timer (if you want to be real fancy a thermostat inside the box). I bet you could keep it at 50 with almost no energy. Make a simple box out of wood, line it with foam insulation, and add the light. Just make sure nothing is too close to the bulb.

/ Pressure Washer Use in Winter #16  
You can also use a bucket to purge anti freeze thru it. Suck it till it starts to *** green, turn off then hook it back to water and run the green back to the bucket till it is starting to get water. But nothing beats a little heat and to tell the truth you are doing yourself a disservice if its insulated not to heat the garage to low level if its modest. It doesnt have to blaze but 40 or 45 is so much better than freezing and doesnt take much.
It will bump up fast from there and might even be inclined to hook it to hot water circuit for winter.
Depending on where you live, the service of your vehicles even an expensive washer may be well worth it in depreciation gains, ease of maintenance. I wash a car bout every day, I wash outside but I can make 5 gpm at 200 degrees, will cut ice and snow right off and dont got to bring it all in. Got mine plumbed thru the wall, outside switching. Hot in 30 seconds.

Attachments

• steamer full view.JPG
    steamer full view.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 61
  • van steamer.JPG
    van steamer.JPG
    722.3 KB · Views: 54