preventing flat tires

/ preventing flat tires #1  

buckmaster

Tractor
just got a new 4320 for maintaining a 110 acres of deer hunting property. There are alot of honey locusts trees and other thorny trees around to damage tires. Anything i can do to prevent/easily repair tires if flat?? I live 4 hours away so i dont have much to work with when i am there.

/ preventing flat tires #2  
Not sure if this will do it for you but I keep reading about filling tires with foam so they no longer leak. There are some problems with foam filled tires when it comes time to replace the tires. Maybe some one else can point you to the thread with the information about the foam filling.
Farwell

/ preventing flat tires #3  
Welcome to TBN

I would go this way. I am sure you want look back, it is a great product, have used it for many years in tractors. Go tubeless though. web page

/ preventing flat tires #4  
I had pretty good luck with This

/ preventing flat tires #5  
Will that work with loaded rear tires?

/ preventing flat tires #7  
Mike,

How expensive is the Hydro Seal product? It sounds like it might work well for what I need...

/ preventing flat tires #8  
Kent I really didn't price the Hydo formula since our tires are not liquid ballasted so can't give you any input on price.

/ preventing flat tires #9  
Don't you just love those honey locust trees?

My answer is Slime or some other tire sealant. My tires aren't filled but Slime has cut my flats from a record of 13 in one year to zero last year.

Oh, by the way, mowing doesn't kill honey locusts. In fact it can cause them to spread from the roots so you end up with a thicket of the monsters. I've started spraying them in order to kill the tree and then mow after it's dead. Even then, those thorns lay in wait for a long time just waiting to pounce.

/ preventing flat tires #10  
Bring back steel wheels for tractors ?

Guaranteed no flats.

Ben