Price Check Price check for a BX2230

/ Price check for a BX2230 #1  

arthurb

Silver Member
Tractor
Toro WH 520XI
My local Kubota dealer has a BX2230 with a 60" mmm on his used tractor lot. It has 352 hours on the hour meter. I haven't talked to him yet since they are only opened half a day on Saturday. What would be a good ball park price on this unit? It is in very good condition. Did the BX2230 models have any production flaws or problems? I didn't think they did. I know the newer BX models have had problems with the abrupt stopping issue and plastic hood and rear fenders cracking. This 2230 has a metal hood and rear fenders.

/ Price check for a BX2230 #2  
I know the newer BX models have had problems with the abrupt stopping issue and plastic hood and rear fenders cracking. This 2230 has a metal hood and rear fenders.
None of the BXs had any of those issues prior to the introduction of the BX24.

/ Price check for a BX2230 #3  
The only thing I can recall reading, but best if a current BX2230 owner confirms, is that the 3PH does not lift as high as the later models - BX2350 and BX2360. Again, not 100% sure, but something to check on.

/ Price check for a BX2230
CHDinCT and LBrown59,

Thank you for your comments. That's all I've been able to find is the difference with the 3PH lift. Hopefully I'll find out what the price is tomorrow.

/ Price check for a BX2230 #5  
I have a bx2230 and that would be my only complaint [3pt lift height] but not a deal stopper for sure.As you can purchase the correct 3pt attachment most of the time you just won't find a lot of use'd items.Of coarse a cutting torch and welder will make most any attachment work quit well.Good luck hope you get the deal your looking for.Can't really say what their bringing now.Can tell you about 5yr's ago mine new was about $8400 for tractor $1500 for 60"mmm I think with out looking back thru file's

/ Price check for a BX2230 #6  
Like the heavier deck and bagger then on the newer ones, took the dynamo off and put on the alternator. Use the King Kutter XB box and rear blades along with rake and Land Pride tiller. Around 240 hours and counting.

David Kb7uns

/ Price check for a BX2230 #7  
I have a bx2230 and that would be my only complaint [3pt lift height] but not a deal stopper for sure.As you can purchase the correct 3pt attachment most of the time you just won't find a lot of use'd items.Of coarse a cutting torch and welder will make most any attachment work quit well.Good luck hope you get the deal your looking for.Can't really say what their bringing now.Can tell you about 5yr's ago mine new was about $8400 for tractor $1500 for 60"mmm I think with out looking back thru file's
That's pretty close to what my BX23 was back in the last quarter of 2004.
$8100 tractor .
$1300 for 60"mmm.

/ Price check for a BX2230 #8  
Not meaning to hijack your thread, but next month I make the LAST of my 36 months, 0% interest payments on my BX2230. :D

/ Price check for a BX2230 #9  
CHDinCT and LBrown59,

Thank you for your comments. That's all I've been able to find is the difference with the 3PH lift. Hopefully I'll find out what the price is tomorrow.

So, are you now a BX2230 owner? Any updates?

/ Price check for a BX2230 #10  
Here ya go!

I traded into this one back in Sept. I valued my ford at $9000 and they accepted. This had 360 hrs on it and just as you see it. They changed all fluids and delivered.
It vacuums leaves great and mows my 2 acres very well.

I am happy with it!