Forks Price Check - Forks for JD 430 Loader

/ Price Check - Forks for JD 430 Loader #11  
I paid $900 for 430 loader forks. Very happy, zero complaints.

Branch

/ Price Check - Forks for JD 430 Loader #12  
Gary,

<font color=blue>I'd think Deere had their dealers involved in price fixing</font color=blue>

I don't think price fixing in as much as there may not be much of a profit margin to work with in the lower priced attachments. All dealers work off the same MSRP. They can only come down so much and still retain some profit for themselves. If you find any dealers out there involved in price fixing, it'll likely be of the upward nature where they offer an item at MSRP or even above it.

Bob

/ Price Check - Forks for JD 430 Loader #13  
If you're going to quote me, PLEASE don't quote me out of context. It's totally misleading. The entire sentence <font color=blue>"If I didn't know better, I'd think Deere had their dealers involved in price fixing"</font color=blue> has a different meaning than what you chose to quote and is no more accurate of what I wrote than had you chosen to quote only the words <font color=blue>"Deere had their dealers involved in price fixing."</font color=blue>

I did NOT write that I thought John Deere had their dealers involved in price fixing. Price fixing is illegal and I do not believe the John Deere would ever attempt to coerce their dealers into such a crime. Further, I do not believe that John Deere dealers would collude among themselves to commit such a crime.

The clear indication there is that I DO know better, and that price fixing is not the case. To make certain there would be no misunderstandings, I noted in a subsequent post that the price fixing reference was made "tongue-in-cheek."

For what it's worth, I stopped at an area Deere dealer today and priced the very forks about which this thread was begun. I was quoted $1,005 list and a purchase price of $875 with the clear implication that there was likely some more room for negotiation if/when I became a buyer instead of a shopper.

/ Price Check - Forks for JD 430 Loader #14  
I was quoted about $820 by the guys at Midlawn.com as part of a package price w/ the tractor. I didn't buy green but I liked the guys there, they were the only JD dealer willing to give me breakdowns on the prices.

--Brad