Price check LS 4640

/ Price check LS 4640 #1  

JBob

Bronze Member
Going to buy a LS4640H Hydrostatic, loader, and R4 tires. No cab. $26500. Is that good, bad or ugly?

/ Price check LS 4640 #2  
Did you mean an LS XR4040H, XR4046H, R4041H, or R4047H.
There is no 4640.

/ Price check LS 4640
You are correct. XR4046H. Sorry about that.

/ Price check LS 4640 #4  
   / Price check LS 4640
   / Price check LS 4640 #6  
Check with RCO tractor in Tx. He sells a lot of tractors and delivers all over the country. Read some of the posts by other members who purchased from them.

Give us a little more detail as to why you need a XR4046H. How much property, what are you planning on the property, Do you have any implements or plan to buy some. Are you going to be moving the tractor between properties. If so you'll need at least a 10-12K trailer and vehicle to tow it.

I went from a 26 HP to a 36 HP tractor in Feb. 2014. The XR3037HC is more than I need but its nice to have a little extra tractor. After buying mine I realized I was now over the weight limit capacity of my 7K trailer. I had to upgrade my trailer to haul the tractor so ended up spending more money for a 14K tilt bed and a 14K dump trailer.

/ Price check LS 4640 #7  
I was just quoted 24.9K here in Ohio for the XR4046H. That was the first offer so I imagine another $500 could come off real easy. I ended up getting the cab version for 30K OTD. I wasn't planning on spending that much but being able to get a cab for just a little more made sense in my case.

/ Price check LS 4640
Check with RCO tractor in Tx. He sells a lot of tractors and delivers all over the country. Read some of the posts by other members who purchased from them.

Give us a little more detail as to why you need a XR4046H. How much property, what are you planning on the property, Do you have any implements or plan to buy some. Are you going to be moving the tractor between properties. If so you'll need at least a 10-12K trailer and vehicle to tow it.

I went from a 26 HP to a 36 HP tractor in Feb. 2014. The XR3037HC is more than I need but its nice to have a little extra tractor. After buying mine I realized I was now over the weight limit capacity of my 7K trailer. I had to upgrade my trailer to haul the tractor so ended up spending more money for a 14K tilt bed and a 14K dump trailer.

I currently own a New Holland TC33D. Great tractor. One of the best overall pieces of equipment I have ever owned. I bought it to mow and do some small gardening work. I own about 50 acres with a couple miles of dirt and gravel roads to maintain. I now have a Grasshopper ztr mower and no longer need the tractor to mow. I have a small dump truck and the TC33D doesn't have the reach to dump. I also need the stronger hydraulics. That's one of my main reasons for looking at the LS series.

I'll make someone a great deal on a TC33D with loader and 72" belly mower. 20150421_001826907_iOS.jpg

/ Price check LS 4640 #9  
XR4046H loader lift is 2500 lb. but lift height is only 96.1" if that's high enough for your dump truck.

This is one of the few complaints that LS owners and potential buyers have. Great tractors but loader lift height is lower than other brands.
For example: a Mahindra 3550 (49HP) loader lift height is 111.5", capacity is 2700 lb. Kioti DK45 (45HP) loader lift height is 107.8" and cap. is 2761 lb. by comparison the XR4046 loader is 96.1" / 2500 lb.
The same is true for the 30-40HP LS models versus other brands. I for one have brought this up to the LS rep I met at local Tractor shows to report back to headquarters that they are losing sales to competitors because of this. I don't know how many of these reports actually get to or are discussed in the corporate boardroom.
I'm happy with my LS but I don't have to load a dump truck.
I'm not trying to talk you out of an LS, just want to make sure you are aware of the lift height differences.

/ Price check LS 4640 #10  
Lift height wasn't the only reason but was one of the main reasons I didn't go with LS last year. I hate having to take off the extensions on the side of the dump just to load.