Box Scraper price check on box scraper

/ price check on box scraper #1  

Diesel_Boy

Silver Member
how much can i expect to spend on a new land pride BB2584 box scraper? thanks.

/ price check on box scraper #2  
Diesel Boy:

I was quoted $888.00 for a BB2560 in western MA. The Woods GB60 was cheaper, but from another dealer. No matter how you cut it prices :eek: in NE appear to be always higher :mad: :( than the rest of the country. Jay

/ price check on box scraper #3  
Diesel Boy, as I recall from last year I paid about $650 for the 72" version, metal and fuel for shipping have gone up since then.

steve

/ price check on box scraper #4  
FWIW,

I paid $ 780.00 for a beautiful Woods GB60 box blade. Bulletproof and really works well. I got it from Osgoods in Dixfield, ME.

/ price check on box scraper #5  
Diesel Boy:

My TC29DA "specs out" fairly close to your L3130 HST. I do not know what your intended uses are for the boxblade, but a 84" boxblade may be pushing the limits for your tractor. I probably could have gone with a 72" boxblade based on what I have done with mine so far, but I will be engaging in more serious "dirt work" in the Fall. That will be the litmus test. It is my opinion that the "5HP per Foot Rule" applies fairly accurately for boxblades. Your weighted R-4's will really help. Jay

/ price check on box scraper
Jay, thanks for that helpful reply. i'm not really sure what size to get, and it's good to know about the 5 hp per foot rule. with my filled R4's, i'm guessing my tractor weighs just over 5000 lbs. anyway, the reason for thinking i need a 84 incher is the width of my back tires. 76". am i right in thinking i need to cover my tire tracks, or does this not matter? thanks.

/ price check on box scraper #7  
Diesel Boy:

I would want to cover my tracks. Land Pride also makes a 72" (BB1572 and BB2572), a retractable-lowback 72" (3572) and 78" (3578), and 84" (BB2584) boxblade, Bush Hog makes a 72" (SBX-720), 78" (SBX-780), and 84" (SBX-840) box blade, Woods makes a 72" (GB72, HB72, SR20, XB72) boxblade, 77" (SR25, R25, XB77) boxblade, and 84" (HB84, SR30, R30, XB84) boxblade. I focused on those three brands because of weight, thickness of sideplates, welds, paint, ease of changing scarifier tooth depth, and "captured lower links. What you intend to use the boxblade for is an important consideration. A lot of the readership is split about the the utility of R-1's vs R-4"s. A lot depends about what the task is and the soil composition. Anything that adds to traction is a plus when it comes to using a boxblade. You could dish your rear wheels in to decrease width, but that would compromise stability. Good luck on your search :)- Jay

/ price check on box scraper #8  
Diesel_Boy said:
anyway, the reason for thinking i need a 84 incher is the width of my back tires. 76". am i right in thinking i need to cover my tire tracks, or does this not matter? thanks.

I have a L3430 with R-4's, my 72" boxblade covers my tire tracks with just about an inch to an one and a half inches on each side as I recall. I would go measure my tractor but I am at work right now.

steve

/ price check on box scraper
Steve, thanks. i rechecked the measurement on my R4's. it is NOT 76". it is exactly 76" from the outside of the tire wall. it is 72" from the outside of the treads. so, i guess the 72" box scraper should be a good fit.

/ price check on box scraper #10  
You guys are killing me with those prices your quoting. My Cameco box cost me 2600.00 plus tax and that is at less than the dealer who sold it to me can buy it. The box was new and removed to install a backhoe, it weighs over 1600 lbs and cuts dirt very well.:D