Price Check Price for a BH

/ Price for a BH #11  
I was wondering about getting a couple 12" square pieces of 3/8" plate steel and drill 4 holes in it and just bolting them to the existing stabilizer pads. Any exposed boltheads can just help to dig in. It's the bearing surface I would like to see increased over stock pads to keep from sinking in as much when digging. Those darn factory made jobs cost about $150 I imagine so seems like the plate steel would help immensely.

rimshot

/ Price for a BH #12  
What do the pads cost to put on my ck30? The BH drags the tractor all over. Needs all the help it can get to stay put.

I put "BigFeet" pads on my BH2365 and they solved the sliding around problem almost completely. They were not cheap, I recall maybe $150 shipped but they were nicely made and fit perfectly. I think you could get about 90% of the benefit from a couple of pieces of stout 3x3 angle iron though. The BigFeet also provide some lateral resistance to slide but the angle iron would work as well for preventing you from dragging the tractor into the hole/stump etc.

Here is a thread I started a couple of years ago when I got mine.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...365-backhoe.html?highlight=kioti+backhoe+pads

/ Price for a BH #13  
I was thinking of those Bigfoot pads, but I fear the stabilizers may bend. I've been on rock duty (again!) in my upper pasture, and there were a few standoffs with some big ones where I thought something has got to give. The tractor slid first. Having bigfeet on the pads in this heavy clay may not have the outcome I desire. There's a lot of power in that 90X

/ Price for a BH #14  
I was thinking of those Bigfoot pads, but I fear the stabilizers may bend. .... There's a lot of power in that 90X

Yeah but those stabilizers are at least proportionately as well built (more so I think) than those on the KB2365 I used BigFeet on. No problems there and that BH/CK20 combo was pulled around just about the same way as the DK is by the BH90x. I will probably get around to using some angle iron one of these days and try that first.

/ Price for a BH #15  
I was thinking the same thing - just a little bit of bite. When the clay hardens to its summer concrete, the extra bite will be handier. Sinking in a few inches into the softer clay affords a pretty decent grip as it is. Right now the feet won't stop until they hit bedrock.....it's like soup out there! I would also need Really Bigfoot for support!

/ Price for a BH #16  
After viewing Island's thread he referred us to and seeing the stock pads on his 2365 backhoe I was quite surprised. The outrigger rests on what could be described as an oversized horseshoe or "U" shape as opposed to a pad. I suppose a person just about has to upgrade to the big foot just as IslandTractor did. Those BigFoot outrigger bases are a very nice improvement.

I have uploaded a picture of my tractor with a 2465 hoe mounted and it is just barely possible to view the smooth pads. In truth they are solid surface but very small and I'm sure no more useful that the pad stock on the older 2365. The backhoes are excellent but be sure to consider improving the outrigger pads.

Attachments

• CedarLogs and CK20 (Medium).JPG
    CedarLogs and CK20 (Medium).JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 204
   / Price for a BH #17  
Off topic alert.

That is one awesome looking CK20 rimshot.

/ Price for a BH #18  
I was thinking of those Bigfoot pads, but I fear the stabilizers may bend. I've been on rock duty (again!) in my upper pasture, and there were a few standoffs with some big ones where I thought something has got to give. The tractor slid first. Having bigfeet on the pads in this heavy clay may not have the outcome I desire. There's a lot of power in that 90X

I can understand the concern about something breaking or bending, there is a lot of stress on those stabalizers.

Sometimes a littl give is a good thing.

Joel

/ Price for a BH #19  
Off topic alert.

That is one awesome looking CK20 rimshot.
============

Thanks Jimmy. I'll be removing the snowblower and installing the backhoe back aboard perhaps today. Glad Winter is over.

rimshot

/ Price for a BH #20  
Here is another thread on pads
Seems like I paid about $5K for my Rhino BH a couple years ago.
James quoted me a price today on a 8.5' model and it was over 6K.
I may trade up for a bigger tractor as the loader has been showing its limitations on my LB1914.