Price Check price on a Century 3045

/ price on a Century 3045 #11  
pharmboy,
I gotta go with Pacesetter on this one. I purposely told my wife that she wouldn't be able to push the clutch in /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I don't need her to interfere with my hard "work" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Sometimes it even helps to wipe a little sweat off,even if you have to first wipe it off a frosty adult beverage /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I think she's starting to see through me though,especialy when she sees me and my 10 year old daughter "cruising" the driveway /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
BTW what part of the great state of MO do you call home?

/ price on a Century 3045 #12  
That's a fair price for a great tractor. The C-50 loader is heavier duty and does have a nicer joystick but as Woodbeef pointed out some of the C-40 specs are better. The C-50 costs at least $500 more and may be overkill for your needs. The C-40 is a very good loader. I don't know about the JD but I compared the Branson (basically the same as Century) to the New Holland and the Branson is MUCH heavier, has a nicer deck and more standard features. All in all, I thought it was a better tractor and cheaper to boot. Don't forget the 3045 has 5 more hp--a not insignificant difference. Of course, there are the usual worries about long term viability to consider. The 3045 has a Yanmar 4 cylinder, a great engine. By the way, the C-50 is made by a European company and the 30 and 40's are made by a korean company.

/ price on a Century 3045
Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up going with the NH TC40. I really like both tractors, but in the end I liked the NH dealer better. My wife prefered the greater adjustability of the NH seat and the smoother lines of the hood. I think either tractor would have made me happy, but I decided to try blue. Now if I can just figure out how to afford those nice implements. I looked at the prices on rock-pickers and power rakes today (yikes!!). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks again everyone. I'll probably be hanging out in the NH forum from now on. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pharmboy: congrats on your choice. I too considered the 3045 & ended up with the TC40. The engine has been around for 15 years (came out of the old 1920 series), the tranny was lifted from the 2120 series. Should hold up for you. Where are you in Missouri? JEH

Grimreaper,

I do think it was the best choice for me. I did like that Century tracter though. It suited me better than the Kioti, Kubota, or Deere.

I am in the good hill country (translated that means rock farm) of Southeast Missouri. The name of our town is Poplar Bluff, about 180 miles south of St. Louis and about an hour a half from the Illinois state line.

How long have you had your TC40 and how do you like it? I get to pick mine up tomorrow. The dealer would have delivered it, but I have a trailer and it is only about 15 miles so I told them I would just pick it up.

Tim

pharmboy: Don't have too many hrs on it but have had the BH/FEL on & off for test, switched buckets on the BH (have both 18" standard bucket & a 36" cemetery bucket), used the PTO for the Danuser digger (REALLY miss no down pressure on the hitch-my Farmall had both float and down pressure), pushed a pile of brush bigger than the tractor, dug a grave a week ago, etc. Have been making some notes & will do a review when I get around to it. The plastic seems heavier than I thought, but don't know how long it will hold up over time. THe NH seems almost as well made as my old Farmall Super C I sold recently (the TC40 is its replacement) and approaches my old Gravely walk behind in quality (although torque per HP is not as good on the TC as the Gravely). Like lots of things. As you know the TC (not the "D") is an "economy" tractor (that's what it says in the manual) so doesn't have rubber floor mats etc. But glad I don't have those when climbing on and off in da mud. Mine has full guages (oil pressure-volt meter etc) and deluxe hitch (hope you got that option-the extendible lower links are really nice) along with a few little items (starboard step, rear work light, set of remotes, block heater, tool box (not big enough though), hooks welded on the front bucket, quick detach (that's really spiffy-a matter of seconds to drop the loader bucket and uses any standard skid steer implements), etc.. Just picked up a 3 point barrel counter weight I had made for using the loader w-out BH. Will fill it with rock & cement-cheaper than the weights & rear carry bar NH sells! Anyway, I've been through Poplar Bluff many, many, many years ago (was hitching to California in the 50s in my "beatnik" days). I too liked the Century real well-if they had a decent hoe for it probably would have gone there . . . but, I'm satisfied with the NH. It's the same size engine, weight, etc. as the old Farmall and it's sure easier climbing on and off and it was designed for the BH & FEL which the Farmall wasn't (if I could have gotten a decent BH & FEL for Farmall, I might have done a ground up rebuild and kept it-but the NH is almost as easy to access-the view is really great over the hood). Anyway, happy tractoring-will let you know when I do the review. JEH

pharmboy: I forgot to answer your question, how long I've had it. One month-picked it up end of Jan 03. JEH

grimreaper,

I didn't get all the options you ended up with. I ended up with the quick attack 3 point hitch and foldable ROPS. There were a couple of options I would have liked to add, but since the dealer had 2 indentical ones he was willing to negotiate on the price a little.

I did get the quick attach bucket. I haven't needed to swap it out yet, but I'm sure I will appeciate it when the time comes.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tim

pharmboy: Well, you've had it about three weeks . . . I know the weathers been bad up here (and down there too I imagine), but you've got to have been doing some stuff with it. As for the extra stuff, lots of the little stuff you can add yourself. For example, the extra step (makes it easier climbing on/off the right side) is less than $10 (I think). It bolts right on in pre-drilled/pre-tapped holes (the dealer put it on for me). Same with adding rear work light etc. By the way, you might want to check the pins on the loader. The dealer I bought from put them in dry when attaching the loader and they were rusty by the time I went to test remove/remount it (only two weeks). At least pull them and grease up before reinstalling. Try detaching/reattaching the quick detach bucket-it's really spiffy-a few seconds (you've probably already done that though). So . . . how you liking it so far. JEH

grimreaper,

I am loving it. I do think the rear work light and the step on the other side would be nice additions. I will get around to those in a couple of months. Right now I am still really playing more than working. My biggest task so far has been to haul in about 15 buckets of gravel for our mud drive.

I have learned that it is much easier to load the bucket with the tractor in fwd, and that it is very hard to remember to take it out of fwd when you are finished loading it.

All in all the tractor has done very nicely. I did get it pretty muddy with all the rain we have had.

I will double check the pins and make sure they were greased. I actually haven't taken the bucket off yet, but I have been wanting to. I only have around 15-16 hours on it so far, but I have been impressed so far. So has my Dad. If I'm not careful, he will be logging a lot of hours on it for me! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tim