Price on a decent 5'-6' boxblade

/ Price on a decent 5'-6' boxblade
Re: Price on a decent 5\'-6\' boxblade

Thanks All,

The L3010 does have weighted rears. If I wasn't mowing lawn, I would have gotten ags. I really do not like my turfs one little bit. But they are easy on the lawn. And the 3010 is hard enough on a lawn as it is.

Thanks for the help. Think I will shop around. Though for a 'premium' (I am sure LP would like being referenced as premium brand), I guess my dealer's price isn't all bad.

John, Millersburg, Ohio. If you have heard of Wooster, 'bout 18 miles south, Mansfield, 'bout 35 miles S.E. Amish Country.

So. Md has a LOT of clay. So his established worn driveway is packed down into clay. It'll pull mean. I'll probably not go over a 66".

Need to visit a few more dealers in the area. We don't have a TSC or anything really equivalent. Southern States is about as close as it gets.

Thanks again,

Nick

/ Price on a decent 5'-6' boxblade #12  

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. I shopped quite a bit about 10 months ago, there is a thread on this board concerning this very topic. One of the guys came up with a price per foot, and per pound. The best deal I could find, and I've been very happy, was a Monroe Tufline, including shipping to my door.

In my experience the lightweight BB's were in the less than $100 per foot range. The medium's were in the $150 range, and the Heavy's in the $200 range. Some of the prices quoted above are the light weights, with 1/4 inch steel sideplates instead of 3/8 or 1/2". I bought a 72", with 3/8" sideplates, that weighed around 900#'s, for about $1000. None of the other companies were even close for $/weight/length-LP was $2300, Gill was around $2000.

What I got was bigger than your tractor could handle. I have a 4610, and my BB will stop the tractor in certain conditions, but not most.

Those lightweights will do fine, but I've been very happy with the extra beef on my med weight BB. Might want to look at a 5' med weight, as opposed to a larger light weight. Also, the LP is pretty light compared to what I have, and it was around the same price.

Actually, that earlier thread was labled "Boxscraper for L4610". I was looking for med. to heavy duty fixed box blades, and the Glue guy made a nice chart of 3 of my findings, although if you find the chart the LP was $2300, not $1700. I feel I found a great, med. weight BB, for the price of a light weight, and I've been extremely happy with the ease of use with the scarifiers. I think the site is monroetufline.com.

The only difference for the above thread, compared to yours, would be you probably should stick with a 5', and I went with the 6'.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan.

/ Price on a decent 5'-6' boxblade #13  

Hey Nick,
I got the LandPride BB1560 for $530. The dealer said it would handle the L3010 instead of going the extra price of the 25 series. I was told that the box is the same on the two (except for an extra scarfer on the 25). The 25 has wider 1/2" steal on the A frame of the hitch and double strap with a through pin vs. bolt on pins for the lower hitch. The weight difference is 18 Lbs. From what I've seen Leinbach makes some good stuff. I've got their carry-all. I don't know anything about KK ('cept what I've read here). I didn't even know that Gardiner even sold KK implements.

When were you planning on buying? If you want, I could try to get mine onto my trailer and bring it over for you to try out. Too bad I'll be on travel for the next two weeks. If you're not in a hurry drop me an email if you want to do a field trial with your turfs.

Later
Mark

/ Price on a decent 5'-6' boxblade

Mark,

Thanks for the offer. Thing is, the field trial at my house wouldn't be real accurate, since it's my friend's house that the real test would be. Heck, guy probably lives closer to you than to me. He is about 3 miles down Smallwood Church Road from 224.

Hugh says they sell KK, but I don't know if they have ever SOLD a KK. Like I said, they don't stock the brand, or even seem to want to sell it. Am going to check around. 18 lbs sure ain't much. I woulda thought there would be a bigger difference.

If I buy, it won't be for another month or so. Neither he nor I are in much of a hurry. Only reason I am in a hurry is cause I want to play . .er. . learn the intricacies of BB operation. And help him out. And play. I could just rent from Gardiners, but that'll probably be $70 (though the money would be his, not mine) and that is a ways towards owning one. On general principle I don't like renting.

Nick