Price on a X749

/ Price on a X749

No, it is a Perkins, even though CAT bought them. CAT could not build a small reliable diesel if there lives depended on it.

that is true Cat couldnt LOL.

I made a new post in lawn an garden seems more suiting for this thread

/ Price on a X749
i ment the cat diesel in the scag. sorry for the confussion

/ Price on a X749 #55  

No, it is a Perkins, even though CAT bought them. CAT could not build a small reliable diesel if there lives depended on it.

Actually, the Cub Cadet utility vehicles had CAT diesels in them for a while. 20hp if I remember correctly. Cub Cadet does not put ANY diesel in their UTVs anymore. But yea, CAT did put one in. Or someone made it for CAT?:confused:

Kyle

/ Price on a X749
Farmboy that was the first year they made the UTV i belive and it was a perkins painted cat yellow, not that it matters cause cat owns them.

/ Price on a X749 #57  
Farmboy that was the first year they made the UTV i belive and it was a perkins painted cat yellow, not that it matters cause cat owns them.

CAT is the parent company, but all the engineering and R&D are all done by the Perkins crew. Some things did not change. And that makes me happy that MF(AGCO) is headed to SISU for power. As long as the CAT gang does not screw things up, they will be ok.

/ Price on a X749
Ive loast alot of respect for cat over the past few years. they use to have the best motors on the road and equipment,but they seem to be falling behind a great deal there not going to have a motor on the road after 2010 i mean what is the world coming to??? Cat really needs to step up.

/ Price on a X749 #59  
Ive loast alot of respect for cat over the past few years. they use to have the best motors on the road and equipment,but they seem to be falling behind a great deal there not going to have a motor on the road after 2010 i mean what is the world coming to??? Cat really needs to step up.

I hear you there. But it all comes back to $$$$. There will be off road emissions, but still, off road is a bigger cash cow for them.

/ Price on a X749
yea it is a better market, but ive run a few of there new machines for my cuz and my buddy and all of use agree deere and kubota make better equipment anymore.